Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Can I connect New Beosound 1 to Beovision 10-32?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Nate Shaw
Not Ranked
Kent, England
Posts 31
Bronze Member
Nate Shaw Posted: Fri, Jun 8 2018 11:33 PM
Hi All,

Having taken a break from my B&O obsession for a few years I've decided it's time to retire some of my existing pieces and pickup some new B&O kit!

I like the aesthetic of the Beosound 1 & 2 and was wondering if there is anyway of connecting the BS1 to my existing BV10-32 as part of a surround sound setup? Especially as it lacks the 3.5mm jack port that the BS2 has!

Thanks in advance.

Beoplay H6, Beoplay A3, Beovision 8, Beovision 6, Beovision Avant, Beovision 5, Beosound 4, Beocenter 2, Beosound Century, Beosound 1, Beolab 3500, Beolab 6000, Beolab 4, Beolab 4000, Beo4, Beo5, Beo6

COMING SOON - BeoPlayA9

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Nate,

Unfortunately, the new Beosound 1 doesn't have any input or output connections, so it cannot be wired into any other B&O products.  It is intended as a stand-alone music player.  Beosound 2, on the other hand, has a 3.5mm Aux input to allow it to be used as an external TV speaker if required.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member

Not having connections doesn't mean a Beosound 1 has no input.  It just happens to be Bluetooth rather than WiSA or copper.  In principle, if you can get left and right analog surround outputs from the BeoVision 10-32, you can turn them into Bluetooth.  There are many such devices; just remember to search for "audio Bluetooth transmitter" and not "audio Bluetooth adapter", else you'll be going the wrong direction.

In practice, however...  First, Beosound 1's are trying to do stereo.  Maybe they do some processing of left/right and maybe do something beyond the lens to "wide it out".  Wide-ing is probably OK, given the whole dipole THX idea.  But personally I would buy two Bluetooth transmitters, wire left into one transmitter and right into the other transmitter, into both left&right channels, so each speaker isn't attempting fake single-point stereo.  Second, Beosound 1's just don't sound so wonderful, compounded by Bluetooth audio encoding, but maybe you'll accept that for a surround channel? You can adjust the volume levels to match, but timbre-matching is pretty much hopeless.  Third, the conversion and transmission add a delay (plus Beosound processing if any); hopefully that could be worked around by lying to the TV, claiming it's one of the Beolabs which has a processing delay.

Rant: It seems like a big hole if "multiroom" speakers don't support the B&O TVs.  Before replying, I looked on B&O's website; in:

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/collection/multiroom

They completely weasel out, not saying which, if any, TVs output to the multiroom speakers, and in which roles.  "Visit your nearest store to see how Multiroom can work with your TV"...  Uh huh.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

trackbeo:

They completely weasel out, not saying which, if any, TVs output to the multiroom speakers, and in which roles.  "Visit your nearest store to see how Multiroom can work with your TV"...  Uh huh.

The B&O tv’s can certainly do a lot with the other multiroom devices e.g. a BS1.

But the mentioned BV10-32 is an older tv - a tv from before the time of the current NL-based tv generation.

How that works can be explained, but is best experienced.

There is however, a way to make devices from the previous ML-based generation work with the newer NL-based.

You can do that with the ‘bridge’ called the NL/ML-converter - but that would probably be too expensive for these two devices....

....unless you can get hold on a pretty cheap preowned converter.

Anyway for the aimed use - as a single dpeaker used with a direct connection - the BS1 is not very usefull.

It is a BsoSystem made for standalone use and has its own sound character/360 degree sound..

The op should rather be looking for a set of decent BeoLabs as surround speakers - the BL3’s would be nice.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Sun, Jun 10 2018 7:36 AM

Millemissen:
The op should rather be looking for a set of decent BeoLabs as surround speakers - the BL3’s would be nice.
Absolutely agree with you about using BeoLab 3's as surround speakers, versus Beosound 1's: they sound better & play well with the BeoVison 10's menus.  But... directly answering @NateShaw's question...
Millemissen:
How that works can be explained, but is best experienced.
A list,... that's what they call it!  A list, how novel!  B&O lists all its speakers in the Multiroom range (in some cases only by drawing pictures, icons egad) but never the TVs.  Here's my list: "The following televisions can join the Multiroom speakers in distributing audio: BV11, Horizon, BV14, Avant (incl. NG), and Eclipse."  Now how about a list of TVs that can send their left&right channels to the Multiroom speakers, and a list -- if any! --of TVs that can send *any* channel (i.e. including surround) to any individual Multiroom speaker?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

trackbeo:

Here's my list: "The following televisions can join the Multiroom speakers in distributing audio: BV11, Horizon, BV14, Avant (incl. NG), and Eclipse."  Now how about a list of TVs that can send their left&right channels to the Multiroom speakers, and a list -- if any! --of TVs that can send *any* channel (i.e. including surround) to any individual Multiroom speaker?

1: It actually is very easy ( ok, if course you’ll have to know about the difference between the ML and the NL technology):

any post-ML tv can be a part of the multiroom setup.

2: you can not send the sound from a particular speakers output/channel (on a NL-tv) to a multiroom system.

What you can send is the sound from any source of the tv - this then is converted to stereo and handed to the choosen multiroom system.

Two examples: the netradio in a tv can be joined from a BS1 - or a multichannel blu ray disc played back on a blu ray player connected to a tv (using HDMI/PUC) can be joined from the BS1.

P.S. if you want to distribute the sound from a particular channel (in the best way), you will have to use the WiSA/WPL technolgy.

Theoretically you could add a Receiver1 to the line-in of a BS2....but I doubt, that the result will be as expected.

Note: with the BV10-32 you’d have to add a WISA transmitter to the physical pl output of that tv.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS