Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovox M150.2 restoration?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Hammerhans
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Hammerhans Posted: Tue, Jul 10 2018 2:40 AM

Hey guys!

So I was super happy to know I could get my hands on a pair of Beovox M 150.2

I picked them up today. They looked great, but after I removed the grill, both of them looked.. well not good! The surroundings of both the mid range and bass drivers where either completely gone or what lookdd to be in late stages of decomposing. (Basses were in worse condition)

Anyway I hooked them up, but I could hear that there was alot to be desired especially from the lower end, and some strange buzzing going on with the bad drives.

I might add that I am a total newbie when it comes to fixing speakers. So I told the seller who originally wanted roughly 600USD for them how they sounded and looked behind the cover. She said she understood and asked if I wanted them for a little over 100USD. I said Id think about it and check what a restoration would cost.

SO my question is this: are they worth the 100USD as they are? And how much money would it cost me to fix these drives? Other than that they look perfect. The tweeter looks and sounds fine and cosmeticly they look super nice.

Finally where can I get the spare parts? Is it new drives im looking for? Or enterly new drives? And finally can a newbie like myself do this fix by myself?

Thanks in advance for the responces! 

Anders Jørgensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 350
Bronze Member

It can all be fixed and if you contact Dillen here on the forum he can help you out.

Its common to find the bass driver and so on rotted at this point if not changed. Also the filters needs to be updated and serviced too.

Can you this yourself? Depends if you have the time and patience to do it right.

Try and search this forum + the archived forum for tips and ideas on how to do it. 

M150 speakers are great sounding ones once they are serviced.

$100 depends on the conditions and how rare they are in your location but comparing to Danish price it's about right.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS