Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 8000 running hot

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
leosgonewild Posted: Mon, Aug 6 2018 2:31 PM

HI,

I got a Beomaster 8000 that is running very hot. Can this be solved by adjusting the potentiometers?

Would someone be able to guide me through the prosess? 

Opening the damn thing is no problem for me, but I would need help with how to measure and adjusting it.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Mon, Aug 6 2018 3:46 PM

Hi,

Do both the left and right channel output amplifier transistors get hot or just one?

The Beomaster 8000 service manual describes the adjustment procedure of the "no-load" current adjustment on page 6-1. The procedure is to be made with the Beomaster cooled down, no speakers connected and volume at zero.

On an old Beoworld thread I showed making that adjustment about half way down the page here

Since then I have posted more details about the output amplifier board here.

See what the two channels currently measure for the "no-load" current adjustment per the service manual first. 

-sonavor

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
The whole back gets warm right away I think. I will have a look at your thread.

Thank you Smile

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Mon, Aug 6 2018 4:17 PM

When you setup your measurements make sure when attaching probes or moving them that you have the Beomaster powered off. The rail voltages on those output amplifiers are ±55 VDC and there is +15 VDC on that board as well. Carefully check what the ±55 VDC rail voltages are.  Also check what the +15 VDC value is from the power supply board.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS