Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolit 600 tuning restring

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Astonmartin
Not Ranked
Hull
Posts 15
Bronze Member
Astonmartin Posted: Fri, Oct 19 2018 7:07 PM

Hi, I just got this it was sold as 'not working' I opened it up and I the tuning string has snapped.

Does anyone have a guide? Thanks.

Astonmartin
Not Ranked
Hull
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Also I think the volume slider is missing?

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Fri, Oct 19 2018 7:59 PM

The full service manual is on site - you need to be a silver or gold member though and this does support the site. It has instructions on changing the tuning string as well. Your problem will be getting a new volume slider. Not beyond someone to make you one but expensive.

Is yours an original lilac one? These were rare as didn't sell well but are now very popular. Other colours have been known to be resprayed! I had a cream one that is now royal blue!!

They do present with a few faults - the tuning string is a common but quite easily fixed (if very fiddly!) The aerial is often broken or missing the tip - a member did have some remade a few years ago. The big problem is the speaker which can seize and there isn't a replacement unit available. It needs repairing and is not easy!! See if yours moves ok.

Peter

Astonmartin
Not Ranked
Hull
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Hi Peter, thanks I'll sign up.

The purple is original and hasn't been sprayed, the aerial is intact. I found a thread on here from last year of a guy selling parts, so maybe I'll get lucky with the volume slider.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Fri, Oct 19 2018 11:10 PM

I hope you get it fixed - these are really great radios - superb tone and still look modern. I remember going on a picnic in the 70s with some cousins who brought one along and was wowed by it without really knowing who B&O were. Bought a 707 new and now have my blue 700.

Peter

Astonmartin
Not Ranked
Hull
Posts 15
Bronze Member

I bought some cheap D batteries and... https://streamable.com/wpiz8

im going to buy one of those universal power adapters.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS