Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BV 7 - Eclipse sound integration question

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

koert2
Not Ranked
Posts 21
Bronze Member
koert2 Posted: Thu, Nov 29 2018 1:06 AM

Hi,

My new Eclipse arrived, fantastic!! I have a BV7 in another room with some speakers and would like to play music on both systems. I am totally confused with all the options and hopefully somebody can recommend the best approach.

- Multiroom - in order to integrate do I need a BLGW or MLGW? NOTE : might like to add home integration in the future (camera's etc). Or some kind of BS CORE integration?

- Should I use Airplay 2 and just connect an Apple TV (4) to the BV7? Or Spotify Connect or Google Chromecast??? But for sound only I would like the screen to be off..

- Eventually I might add some other speakers in the house. 

- Finally I have some "left over equipment", a BS 5 and some Beolab 4000s. Should I try to re-use this? If so, how should I connect those? I do not want to run master link throughout the house but have some Cat7 installed.

Thanks

Koert

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

Search the web for Beointegration idea catalogue v3 pdf

this will give you some insight 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi Koert,

in order to integrate the old stuff based on MasterLink (also the BS5!) with the new stuff based on NetworkLink, you will need a ML/NL Converter.

If your wired/wifi solutions is good, best place the converter with the BV7. This way you will only not a short ML cable and the wired homenetwork connection there.

For a future Home Integration have a look at the new gateway solution from B&O (Beoliving Alliance) - this can be used in combination with the ML/NL converter.

AppleTV/AP2 is a good solution. However, if you plan to add more NL based devices, I would see that as an add-on, not as a solution.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sat, Dec 1 2018 9:55 AM

If you use the BV7 with just the BeoLab 7, you could also add a Core to the BV7 through an Almando-PowerLink-switch or a custom cable solution from Steve.

That way you have full NL-music control for the BV7. That is lacking if you have added a BLC NL/ML to your set-up. And you have full advantage of the modularity of the BV7 :)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS