Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 9000 capacitor kit

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

beolliot
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
beolliot Posted: Tue, Nov 13 2018 10:26 AM

well I thought I had found a bargain down the local flea market, a beocenter 9000 for around 40 euros, but then I started having problems with the CD player, I had to press the load cd or cd button several times before it would play, the cd would just spin a couple of times and then the door would open. Sometimes pressing the fast forward button and skipping a bit of the cd work too. But now I can’t get it to work at all, the cd spins and then the door opens. I cleaned the lens and opened the unit to have a look and I couldn’t see anything obvious. Seems like a lot of people have had this problem and solved it with a new capacitor, but I can’t find any details where to buy the kits people are mentioning, are they still available? The only other problem I can see with it is the clock, I set it, it worked, but when I turned it off it was reset again with the clock button lit again, is there a battery for the clock somewhere?

if there’s any one on the forum that can guide me through the process of replacing the capacitor i’d Be very grateful, I have no idea where it sits on the circuit board. 

Also , what speakers do people use with their beocenters? I know the penta is supposed to be good, but i’m Interested if there are any other good alternatives

beolliot
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
beolliot replied on Tue, Nov 13 2018 4:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVbiYp02P5E&feature=youtu.be

I made a video to demonstrate the problem

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS