Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Are US tv wall mounts compatible with B&O?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Calvin
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Bronze Member
Calvin Posted: Wed, Dec 12 2018 2:01 AM

Really silly question but I'm from the UK and have always had BeoVisions with the floor mountings. I moved to the US a year ago and just bought a house to move into come January with mountings for TVs in the bedrooms. Sure I could take the brackets down but I'd rather take the better option of just buying another couple televisions because you can never have too many devices Wink

But given the cost of moving (I have little access to credit over here) I can't really justify buying a bunch of new beovision+speaker setups on top of everything and I'll almost certainly have to go via eBay/Craigslist. Can I just buy any BeoVision flat panel and hook it onto the existing US wall mounting or does B&O use proprietary stuff on some if not any of its TVs?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:14 AM
Hard to give a general answer.

What Beovision are you thinking about?

Are the us tv mount VESA compatible?

I know there are VESA adapters available for e.g Horizon.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Calvin
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Bronze Member
Calvin replied on Thu, Dec 13 2018 1:32 AM

Apologies, I come at this from a floor stand veteran, and I guess that this is all just a matter of buying a $10 adaptor because there's only 2 (3?) standards in mounting. The B&O units I've had have had the square plates on the back, same as my computer monitors, then I saw the H-shapes thing on the wall and I was worried that this was one of these things where I'd get a panel, then have it sat out whileI had to go, buy more stuff and spend a bunch of time replacing+tidying existing mountings.

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 601
Bronze Member
BeoMegaMan replied on Thu, Dec 13 2018 10:13 PM
The only screens that can be mounted on VESA brackets were BV10/11 & BV4. The rest need modifications.

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS