Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

B&O 8000 Base Removal

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Mattybang66
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
Mattybang66 Posted: Sun, Aug 29 2021 10:19 PM

Greetings fellow B & O members,
I bought a recent pair of B&O 8000s for almost nothing. One has a slight problem that I am going to attempt to fix myself, but first I have to get the base off. after unscrewing the main nut underneath the base, I discovered a brass insert around the threads of the post and in the base. The base will start to unscrew a few turns, but turns around the brass insert. After unscrewing a few twists, the base firmly stops and will not come off any further. I am afraid to force the base because I don’t want to screw up the inside threads of the brass insert. Should it just screw all the way off or am I missing something? These are MK1 I believe.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mattybang66

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Hi

On YT is a video that shows how to disasseble the lower section of the Beolab 8000:

LINK:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgeyUhknUms

Kind regards

Christian

Mattybang66
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Thanks Christian, 

Yes I have seen this video, but unfortunately it doesn’t solve my problem. I know to take the bottom nut off. The problem is the base will still not come off.

Thanks!

Mattybang66

Mattybang66
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Thanks Christian, 

Yes I have seen this video, but unfortunately it doesn’t solve my problem. I know to take the bottom nut off. The problem is the base will still not come off.

Thanks!

Mattybang66

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

Hi Matty

The base is not screwed, it's just hold from the nut which you already unscrewed.

Seems that the base is tight fixed on the post. Does the post go with the base if you turn the base?

So maybe  a piece of wood and a hammer would solve your problem with some light knocks on the base with the wood between to not damage the base.

If you use a hammer turn the nut some turns on the post that the base doesn't fall on your feet or somewhere else.

I've taken off my BL 8000 a few days before and the base came off easily, no screws or clips just pulled the base of the post.

Good luck.

Kind regards

Christian

Mattybang66
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Yea I’ll try that next. The post is fixed, but the base rotates around a brass insert that the post goes through. It’s either stuck or threaded. I can’t believe it should be this hard, so I’ll give it a couple of taps. Maybe I’ll check the other base first and see if it’s different. Also, it makes it easier if you remove the weight first as well…

Thanks for your input!

Mattybang66

Mattybang66
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Thanks,

The base was just stuck on there. Couple of taps with my fist and it came right off.

Thanks again for your help.

Matt

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
Posts 223
Gold Member

You're welcome Thumbs Up

Hammer fist Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS