Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

No sound - Beolab 5000 speakers

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

azvette
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
azvette Posted: Fri, Apr 19 2019 6:40 PM

Hi everyone - I have a new (to me) pair of Beolab 5000 speakers connected to a BeoCenter 9000 via SpeakerLink cables (from Sounds Heavenly) on both ends. I can't get any sound from the speakers.
 I know the BeoCenter works - 100% positive on that - had it previously connected to Infinity speakers
 On the Beolab speakers I have it set to Audio on the slide/Side of the speaker and on the back I have tried the top switch set to Automatic and tried all 4 bottom settings for the Wattage...Nothing -> I looked on the speaker and can see the readout of the display says Tape or Tape 1 (can't remember exactly, but it is reading it correctly) the other speaker I didn't check - too tired
 So what am I doing wrong? - this shouldn't be this hard!!!!!

azvette
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
azvette replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 11:24 PM

So I'm only guessing here, but no answer to my post.... I bought a pair of speakers that don't work?

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

You may be right, you may have been sold a pup but it is strange that both speakers are not working. I suggest that you get in touch with Steve at SoundsHeavenly as he is very helpful. I am surprised that he has not replied to your post so he may be on holiday for a few days at Easter.

Are you sure that it is not a problem with the mute relay in the 9000? Try plugging the speakerlinks into the Speakers 2 sockets on the 9000.

Make sure you haven't left a headphone adapter in the Phones socket. It's been done many times before, even by so called experts!!

I had a Beocenter 9000 and used it with Beolab 5000's and speakerlink cables and they are definitely compatible.

Regards Graham

azvette
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
azvette replied on Mon, Apr 22 2019 7:51 PM

i can't plug into the Speaker 2 sockets, they are 3 prong and I have the 4 prong SpeakerLink cables.

I've never used the Phones jack on the front of the 9000.

The Timer on the 9000 will mute the speakers connected to Speaker 1 if it is not selected-litup. This is not the case, I can see the word 'Timer' lit up on the upper panel.

Could the amps on both the 9000 & the speakers be 'cancelling each other out' resulting in no sound?

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

Timer should not be lit up. Press Timer to extinguish it otherwise your speakers will be muted.

Regards Graham

azvette
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
azvette replied on Mon, Apr 22 2019 11:10 PM

OK - I still don't hear anything coming from the speakers. The only thing lit on the upper panel on the left is Loudn - to the right the track numbers w/current track blinking - then CD - then the counter which is counting

azvette
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
azvette replied on Mon, Apr 22 2019 11:11 PM

Thank you for your input - it's greatly appreciated!

Foxtrott
Top 100 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 821
Founder
Foxtrott replied on Tue, Apr 23 2019 8:46 AM

Hi!

Just a thought: Have you checked the connection between the amplifier an the speaker on the back of the BL5000? Maybe they have come loose and you have no sginal coming through to the Speaker.

Cheers
Foxtrott

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

William Shakespeare, Henry VI, Part 2, Act 4  

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, Apr 23 2019 2:14 PM

azvette:

Hi everyone - I have a new (to me) pair of Beolab 5000 speakers connected to a BeoCenter 9000 via SpeakerLink cables (from Sounds Heavenly) on both ends. I can't get any sound from the speakers.
 I know the BeoCenter works - 100% positive on that - had it previously connected to Infinity speakers
 On the Beolab speakers I have it set to Audio on the slide/Side of the speaker and on the back I have tried the top switch set to Automatic and tried all 4 bottom settings for the Wattage...Nothing -> I looked on the speaker and can see the readout of the display says Tape or Tape 1 (can't remember exactly, but it is reading it correctly) the other speaker I didn't check - too tired
 So what am I doing wrong? - this shouldn't be this hard!!!!!

If you are using SPEAKER LINK on both ends with two cables connected to SPEAKER1 outputs and SPEAKERLINK inputs on your BL5000s, set

-the input level switch to third or fourth position (II - III)

-mode switch to A (not R or L)

-VIDEO/AUDIO/OFF switch to AUDIO (middle position)

Now press RADIO on your BC9000 and your BL5000s should be activated by datalink signal of the SPEAKERLINK cable.

If this won`t work, you can test your 5000s with a mobil mobile phone connected to LINE IN of your BL5000s. Change the input level switch to first position (N) and keep the rest.

Your 5000s should be activated by an audio signal coming from the headphone socket of your phone. Be careful with volume level!

In this mode you can`t read anything on the displays, but the red stdby lights should be deactivated.

Hope this helps

Stefan

ps: BL5000 display can`t read TAPE or TAPE1, must be A-TAPE or A-TP2

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS