Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Additional IR receiver on Beovision 7

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

cge01
Not Ranked
Paris
Posts 21
Bronze Member
cge01 Posted: Wed, Jan 1 2020 2:37 PM

Hello and happy new year,

I would need some advice on my bedroom TV setup.

I have a Beovision 7-40 in my bedroom. It is in a cupboard across the bed and it is usually closed. The TV is connected to Beolab 8000 speakers which are in the room.

When listening to music in the bedroom, I use the ChromeCast Ultra (HDMI) in Speaker 4 mode.

However I would like to be able to control the TV without having to open the cupboard to allow the IR signal to go to the TV. At the moment I have the following workaround:

I use the IR receiver built in the Lutron Grafik Eye wall switch. Combined with the MasterLink Gateway, when I select "LIGHT 7" on the Beoremote One, it switches the TV on, "LIGHT 8" switches the TV off, along with other "shortcuts" to control the volume.

Although it works, it is not user friendly. Is there any way to connect an external wired IR receiver on the BV7 to control the TV directly with the Beoremote One normal TV controls?

Thanks.

Christian

Living room Avant 55 MK1 - BL5 x2 - BL6000 x2 - BS3200 - Core - NL/ML Converter - Thorens turntable 
Bedroom BV7-40 MK6 - BL4 x2 - BL8000 x2 - BL11 - MLGW - Lutron GFX - RaspberryPi Domoticz
Bathroom BL2000 on BLC1611 with Chromecast audio
Kitchen Core - BL3 x2
Garden Core - Beolink Passive on 2x Bose Freespace 51

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member

You can mount one of the round silver IR eyes outside the cubpoard (plugged into the back of the TV). This was commonly done when you had a BV7 in a setup with a projector where the motorised projector screen obscured the IR sensor when down.

I'm in India at the moment so I can't check part numbers, but any dealer should be able to source the correct eye.

Martin.

cge01
Not Ranked
Paris
Posts 21
Bronze Member
cge01 replied on Thu, Jan 2 2020 8:34 PM

Thanks. I think I see what you mean. I'll look for one right now.

Regards,

Christian

Living room Avant 55 MK1 - BL5 x2 - BL6000 x2 - BS3200 - Core - NL/ML Converter - Thorens turntable 
Bedroom BV7-40 MK6 - BL4 x2 - BL8000 x2 - BL11 - MLGW - Lutron GFX - RaspberryPi Domoticz
Bathroom BL2000 on BLC1611 with Chromecast audio
Kitchen Core - BL3 x2
Garden Core - Beolink Passive on 2x Bose Freespace 51

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS