Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Avant 28 or AV5 external sound AUX in

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

widerstand
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
widerstand Posted: Thu, Nov 1 2012 9:49 AM

Hello!

Maybe a lame question, but I have to ask, can't find any answers about it:

I want to connect external sound source to my Avant or AV5, to use it/them as an amp.

The solution was to hook my laptop to the camcorder port. But this is a tied thing then, I had to leave my computer there, it needed the picture signal as well to switch to CAMCORD mode.

As a matter of fact, if i listen to music, i move around the flat, there is no need to have picture, none the less, to stress the picture tube and high voltage part for nothing.

So, is there a way to hook up external sound (2X RCA) through CamCord or any of the SCART ports without having the picture tube part to run?

If yes, how?

My sets are not connected, and I don't have any MasterLink compatible b&o amps with AUX port.

Future plan is to have an Apple Airport connected with AirTunes to one of my sets for wireless streaming.

Greetings

Zsolt

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 1:03 PM

As far as I am aware there is no 'picture mute' function on an Avant, which is what you are after.

Have you tried pressing AV and then CAMCORD?  The Avant has to be in V.Option 2, as detailed in this thread: http://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/17968/133436.aspx#133436

If it were connected to a Beocentre, then pressing AV before (eg) RADIO would put the sound through the TV without switching the screen on, so this could potentially work for you.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS