Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 8004 tape select problems

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

CJ
Not Ranked
Aa - DK
Posts 8
Bronze Member
CJ Posted: Mon, Aug 3 2020 6:06 PM

Recently got a hold on a serviced Beocord 8004, but I can't help but wonder if it's normal for the metal light to come on whenever I insert a Type 2 tape?

Also when recording onto type 2 and 4 cassettes I lose some treble compared to recording on type 1 cassettes.

Metal is not so bad until I enable Dolby C which is no problem when recording on type 1 but falls completely flat when used on type 4.

And whenever I record on type 2 cassettes it's like it uses Metal bias so the treble aren't as clear as I know a TDK SA-X tape normally to be.

So I was wondering if anyone have experienced the same and what to do if it's a malfunction?

CJ
Not Ranked
Aa - DK
Posts 8
Bronze Member
CJ replied on Sat, Aug 8 2020 1:06 PM

To anyone who happens upon this thread with the same problems, my fix was that some of the wires on the tape selector switches had broken off so the bias and tape selection was all wrong except on type 1 cassettes.

CJ
Not Ranked
Aa - DK
Posts 8
Bronze Member

To anyone who happens upon this thread with the same problems, my fix was that some of the wires on the tape selector switches had broken off so the bias and tape selection was all wrong except on type 1 cassettes.

CJ
Not Ranked
Aa - DK
Posts 8
Bronze Member

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS