Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 2 setup with Apple TV

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

moreton
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Bronze Member
moreton Posted: Tue, Dec 15 2020 11:18 PM

Hi,

I bought a Beosound 2 mk1 a while ago. I set it up according to the quick start guide.

I wanted to run music from my laptop, through the Apple TV (I was told this is how it works) and out from the Beosound 2. So far I only seem to be able to play music from my iPhone or pad on it, I can’t seem to connect to the laptop or Apple TV.

When I went to get the Beo4 sorted out at the B&O engineers (see previous drama) I asked them about it. I was told to go through the app: settings / music / dlna and there it would be. It isn’t. Nothing is there and when I press “add dlna” there isn’t one - to be honest I have no idea what a dlna is. All I want to do is to play the music that is on my laptop!

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Any help appreciated - thank you.

David 

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Tue, Dec 15 2020 11:39 PM

You didn't say, but if the laptop is an Apple, then System Preferences / Sound / Output, and choose one of the AirPlay speakers on your local network, rather than Internal Speaker.  If it's an older Apple (~OSX 10.6?) then Rogue Amoeba's AirFoil will provide that function, or else you must play your music from within iTunes to see networked AirPlay speakers.  However, the fact that your B&O engineer said "DLNA" probably means you have a non-Apple laptop?  Thus they were imagining that you would run a small server program on your laptop, like twonky.com's DLNA Media Server, and then choose the tracks using the B&O app, which can play from any DLNA server on your local network (of which there are many brands/apps).  If you run Windows 10 on your laptop, here is a decent explanation of what DLNA is, and how to activate it under Windows: https://winaero.com/how-to-enable-dlna-server-in-windows-10/ . (Note: You may have to download, or enable the existing, Windows Media Player to make this work?)

moreton
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Bronze Member
moreton replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 8:10 PM

Sorry, I didn’t think. Yes, it’s a MacBook Pro. I’m only just in from work so I’m going to have a go at this in the morning - thank you for the info.

moreton
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Bronze Member
moreton replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 8:10 PM

Sorry, I didn’t think. Yes, it’s a MacBook Pro. I’m only just in from work so I’m going to have a go at this in the morning - thank you for the info.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 8:20 PM
Can you not just airplay from the MBP direct to the BS2?

Works for me - dont do it often, but its pretty standard
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS