Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 3500 MK.I vs MK.II

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

peertimo
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
peertimo Posted: Fri, Dec 18 2020 10:12 PM

I have just purchased a used BeoLab 3500 MK.II to replace a BeoLab 3500 MK.I in an already functioning setup as a linked room using an ML cable. The main system was a 2300 but is now a BeoSound 5. It all works as it should with the MK.1. But when I take that out and plug in the MK.II on the same wire the clock is not shown, the unit does not power up besides showing a few red dots, nor does it show any reaction from the remote like volume or CD. But, with the Beo4 I can set the different link Options and also do the Menu Menu 0 0 4 GO to set ML and PL. So the unit reacts. But no sound, no clock, no remote triggering. What am I doing wrong?

Bill Briscoe
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago, IL USA
Posts 165
Gold Member

Hi, did you unplug both units from the mains before plugging in the ML cable?  It's always best to remove mains power from all units, then plug in the ML cable. Add power to the main unit first and then the BL3500 last. See if that helps.

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Sat, Dec 19 2020 9:19 AM
Similar issue that I had when I added a BL3500.

So I unplugged all from the mains and waited for some minutes before I then added the master units (BS5 and BV8) and then all the other ones.

It worked then.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS