Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 6000

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

mawidman
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
mawidman Posted: Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:36 PM

I have a 30 year old Beomaster 6000 that is not working. A few of the lights are on but no response from the key pad. Is there any place in the USA that can repair it? Has anyone else had this problem. I love it and hate to lose it. Thank you.

Michael Sean
Not Ranked
Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
Posts 31
Bronze Member

Hi:

I don't own the BeoMaster 6000 but from what I read here on Beoworld,  it is one of those that is well worth preserving.

I can recommend Atlantic Systems in Hanover, Massachusetts. They are an authorized B&O repair center. Paul & Mark are the B&O experts there.  I've purchased B&O parts from them and can vouch for the fact that they are both very nice people and are eager to listen and assist in any way they can. I believe that Paul handles the more vintage units so I'd ask for him when you call.

The telephone number is 781-826-8760.

Good luck!

Michael

mawidman
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
mawidman replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:41 PM

Michael: Thank you so much. I really appreciate the information. I will give them a call. All the best,

Marshall

FlintIronstag
Not Ranked
Houston, TX USA
Posts 53
Bronze Member

I've heard good things about Pyramid Audio in Austin TX:

http://www.pyramid-audio.com/brands.html

Make sure you bubble wrap, double box, and over insure!

mawidman
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
mawidman replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 2:26 AM

Thank you do much. I will give them a call.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 11:57 PM

Benny Amina at Amina Audio in Roswell Georgia has done at least a half dozen repairs for me. BM1900, BM4000, BG4002, BC1900, BC4500, CD X.

On my pie phone now-will edit later with web site link.

EDIT

Amina Audio

Telephone number at top of link, email at bottom of link.

I always ask Benny how to send in the unit.  For a turntable repair, he may have you remove the platter, cartridge and dust cover, in addition to tightening any transport screws.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS