Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoMaster 8000 TP2 details

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

trymes
Not Ranked
New Hampshire, USA
Posts 31
Bronze Member
trymes Posted: Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:23 AM

Well, I now that I have a seemingly fully functional BeoMaster 8000, here come the questions, namely with TP2 to begin.

As it stands, the BeoGram works wonderfully through the DIN cable, starting up and automatically playing when selecting PH and stopping when I select another input. Same with the BeoCord.

Now, my naive self thought I could use TP2 as an aux-in device, connecting a iPod/iPhone/whatever via RCA plugs and I'd be a happy boy. No such luck, it seems, as I have to turn the volume up to 6 to really hear anything, and even then it's pretty quiet. It's almost as if I had plugged a turntable into a non-Phono port, actually. Perhaps it's a line-level vs. Mic level sort of thing because TP2 is really designed for a second recorder?

Anyhow, the question is should this work as I expected, or is the fact that it doesn't a sign of a functional problem with my poor, abused BeoMaster?

Just thought I would ask. I tried using it with an iPhone connected via a line-out cable from the dock connector, FWIW.

Tom

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:39 AM

TP2 is at line level, just as TP1 so should work with any line level source.
Are you using a correct cable/plug adapter ?
Did you inadvertently pull a cable inside the Beomaster ?

Two slightly different versions of the Beomaster 8000 socket bay exists and I seem to remember the difference
being in the layout of TP2, make sure you are connecting to the correct sockets.

Martin

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Uppsala, Sweden
Posts 239
Silver Member
Johan replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:24 AM

I think you must turn the volume up to full (or close to it) on the iPhone to get a decent volume.

/  Johan

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 10:05 AM

My TP2 works with whatever I feed it.

For instance, any Beocords, a Uher 4200 Report, any CD players, and yes, my iPhone! But I must have the correct cable.

Actually, I use TP1 for my CDX CD player (hey you miss that one Tom!) and TP2 for the Beocord 9000, because TP1 has RCA inputs!

Have you tried the iPhone there? 

Jacques

trymes
Not Ranked
New Hampshire, USA
Posts 31
Bronze Member
trymes replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:35 PM

Thanks for the answers, guys. I cannot turn the volume up on the iPhone, as I am using a line-out cable, not the headphones output.

As luck would have it, though, the answer was right in front of my face:

The set of RCA jacks by the TP2 jack is TP1 out, NOT TP2 in. Now to find an RCA to DIN adapter...

Tom

trymes
Not Ranked
New Hampshire, USA
Posts 31
Bronze Member
trymes replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:24 PM

Success! I already had a DIN-5 TP2 cale that ended in two sets of male RCA plugs (line-in and line-out). Unfortunately, my iPod cable also ended in male RCA plugs. No sweat. A package of these little guys and I am in business!

I even verified that the remote works, and SWMBO says she loves it, not least for its looks.

Woot!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS