Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

beosystem 7000

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

bueromuell
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
bueromuell Posted: Sat, Nov 20 2021 7:53 PM

I have an old Beosystem 7000 (Beomaster 7000 tuner) - everything works EXCEPT the remote. Is there a replacement remote that will work - cannot find an original remore? Or, is it possible to control the Beosystem 7000 without a remote?

Thank You

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sat, Nov 20 2021 9:50 PM

Hi, welcome!

The remote can almost certainly be repaired you know.

Jacques

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Sun, Nov 21 2021 8:07 AM

Controlling the Beosystem 7000 without a remote is a waste of time: although the sources (CD, phono, tape) select themselves and the right-hand button cycles thru the pre-programmed radio stations, you cannot do simple things like volume up/down!

You can use most any B&O remote: a Beolink 6500, a Beo4, or the old Beolink 1000 (my personal favorite).  Too bad if the Beolink 7000 doesn't work anymore; it was very pretty and had a bi-directional control display of the Beosystem status.  People trying to save a 7000 system typically got it for cheap, so even finding someone who can work on the 7000 remote, nevermind paying them for the time it takes, is often beyond its value.  If you want a brand-new product rather than hunting for one of those old remotes used, you can buy a BeoRemote One BT at the dealer and [ask them to] set it into IR mode.

Also bear in mind that the IR receiver inside the system can die -- or be turned off intentionally -- "everything works EXCEPT the remote" is not totally clear.  Using a digital camera (except Apple iPhones, alas) to look at the diode emitters on the remote, you can see if they flash.  Good luck, and remember to use google with "site:beoworld.org" to hunt for threads about whatever problem you turn out to have! [Edit: Here's your first test: figure out how "A.OPT 1" is required for your system to even respond to any remote control!  This is the default, but if someone has customized or repaired it, you might have to reset that feature on your system.]

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Sun, Nov 21 2021 2:23 PM

Was it working previously or is the system new to you? First thing is to check it is not in A.Opt 0 in which case it will not respond to any remote. To set the option, press the red dot (standby) and list simultaneously on a BEO4 remote, list to A.Opt and then press 1 or 2. The manual (available online) will advise the appropriate opt setting.

bueromuell
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
bueromuell replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 12:17 AM

thank you so much - will try the Beo4 as I have seen it for sales online

bueromuell
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
bueromuell replied on Mon, Nov 22 2021 12:18 AM

thank you so much - will order a Beo4 and follow your instructions - much appreciated

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Wed, Nov 24 2021 6:34 AM

The Beo4 works yes, but it will limit your user experience quite dramatically.

The Beomaster IR receiver might also be defective (a bad capacitor usually).

Have you checked with a mobile phone that the diodes do emit light?

Jacques

bueromuell
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Thank You for the info-

I opened up the back of the remote and from what I have seen, the rechargeable battery pack is corroded badly. Cleaned it out but the battery pack is shot and hard wired into the remote (ie, i cannot fix this myself as I'm a technical idiot).  Will try to take it to get fixed - hopefully that will  work. Still ordered a Beo4 from EBay just in case.

Thank you again for your help

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Wed, Nov 24 2021 2:55 PM

What battery pack?

Jacques

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Wed, Nov 24 2021 3:38 PM

From the description it sounds like the OP has a BeoLink 7000 with a faulty battery. The BeoLink 7000 has a hard wired rechargeable NiCd battery pack, the originals have generally failed by now but can be replaced.

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Wed, Nov 24 2021 3:42 PM

For what it’s worth - I find the BEO4 a more convenient remote for daily use, but the BeoLink 7000 is fun and required for any in depth programming. At this stage BeoLink 7000s generally need replacement SMD caps in the 2 way IR circuit, replacement backup memory cells and new NiCd battery packs. To be honest I’ve never found it a particularly convenient design but it’s definitely eye catching and I’d never sell mine 👍

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS