Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision MX4000QU-STB Type: 8762

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Beo4Hotel
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Beo4Hotel Posted: Sat, Nov 20 2021 1:54 PM

My first post here so first a short introduction.

I´ve always been a B&O fan but have many other expensive habits so I have only owned a couple of early B&O radios found at flea markets and such.

I´ve gone down the road of ripping all CD´s on to Apple products and use a couple of various Sonos products. Can´t really say anything bad about Sonos except for their decision to intentionally make their older products obsolete a while back. That drove me nuts and even if they reversed their decision after huge amounts of complaints, I kind of lost my trust in the brand.

So, long story short, I am in the process of making our home, a fairly large house, a complete B&O home and swap Sonos for vintage B&O products. I will get back to you with a lot of questions and an explanation of what I want to achieve but right now I have a question about former hotel MX4000´s.

I have been give the opportunity to purchase around 10 such TV´s and on the sticker it says:

Beovision MX4000QU-STB

Item No: 1760043

Serial No: 15201385

Type: 8762

SW 1.2

The remotes are Beo4´s but I have no more info at hand right now. There is also cabling and links and such but I have no info about them right now either.

I have googled and oogled a lot of pages online without finding any info about these TV´s.

If possible, I want to use some of them in my kids rooms as TV´s and gaming screens and also in the kitchen as TV and in a few other rooms as well. I know hotel TV´s and remotes have various limitations but I am tempted in purchasing all the TV´s anyway.

Is there anyone who knows more about this particular model out there? I will add more info about remotes and links in a few days.

All the best!

Jim

david656
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Silver Member
david656 replied on Sat, Nov 20 2021 2:03 PM

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the party! Sadly I don't know anything about the hotel models. but just wanted to say 'hi'. 

It's interesting to hear you're planning to run a house of vintage B&O equipment, are you planning to use Masterlink? Which country/where are you located?

In regards to the model -STB usually means 'set top box controller'. You should be able to prove if it has an STB-C because it will say the ACC is STB or I believe above the aerial socket on the back of the TV should be a 3.5mm mini jack for the IR blaster.

If it does have an STB-C in it, I would be interested in buying one or discussing more.

Thanks,

David

Bristol based B&O fan with a collection including the following: BC9500, Beogram 9500, Beosystem 3, BeoVision Avant DVD 32, AV9000, Beolab 3500, Beolab 3000s, Beolab 4s, Beolab 6000s, Beovox Pentas, Beovox 3000s.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS