Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

MX5000 AV signal geometry

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

losthighway
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
losthighway Posted: Thu, Feb 10 2022 12:42 AM

Hey there.

I recently picked up an MX5000 for cheap locally. It's a beautiful TV.

My problem is that the image is not centered correctly on AV1 and I seem to be getting some sync issues on AV2 (audio comes through file but the image is just rolling lines).

I searched through this forum and learnt that the 5000 series models seemed the be before the time of a digitally accessible service menu. One post suggested taking of the back and bridging two pins labeled "Service Menu". I didn't have pins in the same places as he mentioned (It sounded like he might have had a 5500), I tried bridging two pins on my model that were labeled "Service Menu", but I don't seem to get any menu, just some text saying "last error P43" or something to that effect. I put the back on again pretty quickly as I had heard it's not great to be opening up CRTs and it felt especially risky exposing everything while the unit was powered on.

My question is does anyone know the correct way to adjust the geometry on this set? I'd very much rather not go poking aimlessly in the back of a CRT, seems like a good way to end up dead.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS