Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Made in denmark ?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Shkevin
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Shkevin Posted: Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:02 PM

Does anyone have a list of which b&o products are still made in denmark? Just purchased earset 3i and i am dissapointed to find that it was made in china.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 2:10 AM

Just remember that one of the great B&O designers was also not made in Denmark Laughing

The world is now well and truly flat ... we are global citizens who travel and work almost anywhere

What I care about is the architecture/strategy of the products and their design and the quality of their components and manufacturing

There is now very little charm in thinking that there is a little piece of Denmark in my living area

BeoNut since '75

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Shkevin:

Does anyone have a list of which b&o products are still made in denmark? Just purchased earset 3i and i am dissapointed to find that it was made in china.

Don't be disappointed, I've installed quit a few Machines in China and prefer working together with Chinese, over European and north American, very good workers, intelligent and good educated, if a Chinese product comes out cheap or bad, its because of the designer or the one who ordered it made that way.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

There is no problem in outsourcing as long as the quality control is kept at the same level.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

Step1
Top 75 Contributor
Manchester, UK
Posts 1,268
Bronze Member
Step1 replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 11:22 AM

Oh dear not this again.

Olly

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 621
Bronze Member
KMA replied on Sat, Apr 14 2012 1:18 PM

Step1:

Oh dear not this again.

I laughed out loud! My thoughts exactly. Big Smile

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS