Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Speaker suggestion for Beosystem 5000 (1983)

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Christian Thams
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 15
Bronze Member
Christian Thams Posted: Tue, Mar 11 2014 5:53 PM

Hi guys,

I have a Beosystem 5000 containing a Beomaster 5000, Beogram CD5500 and Beogram 5005 (MMC3) currently they're sporting a pair of Dali 107 speakers. Me and my girlfriend have been redecorating our living room and unfortunately it has become more difficult to place the quite large Dali speakers. Either we can move furniture around, buy new stuff OR I have the opportunity to get a pair of B&O speakers that my system should be powering. The room in question is ca 6m x 4m.

I first had my heart set on a pair of Beovox Penta, but they were also to wide so I've been looking at the "smaller" B&O speakers. According to BeoWorlds description of the Beosystem 5000 it was "meant" to play the S55 but I think that there are other speakers that visually suit the Beosystem better. So I have been looking at RL 60-2/6000 or Beovox 3000/5000 (flat panel). 

My questions are: What is the difference between the RL 60-2 and the 6000 other than age? Do the Beovox 3000 give a loud sound? Or should I try to get a pair of Beovox 5000 instead?  Which out of those four would you guys recommend? Or are their other B&O speakers that fit the Beomaster 5000 better?

Thanks for reading and any answers.

Cheers!

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 6:07 PM

I use the Beolab 6000 active speakers I won here!

Nice sound and a great visual match too.

Jacques

BO
Top 150 Contributor
Halmstad, Sweden
Posts 728
Bronze Member
BO replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 7:10 PM
chartz:

I use the Beolab 6000 active speakers I won here!

Nice sound and a great visual match too.

Jacques

Beomaster 5000 do not have powerlink so any beolab speakers are not an alternative. I would go for RL60.2 / 6000 they will sound terrific and outperform the panelspeakers by far. RL 60.2 and RL6000 are the same speaker.

//Bo.
A long list...

Christian Thams
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Thanks for the advice, yeah I wasn't planing on getting Beolab speakers, doesn't make sense with a Beomaster 5000. Found a pair of black RL 6000 that I'm hoping to get my hands on. Pics will appear when they're setup.   

Christian Thams
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 15
Bronze Member

repost, sorry guys first thought it hadn't registered my post click.

Christian Thams
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 15
Bronze Member

repost

Christian Thams
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 15
Bronze Member

repost

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

BO:

I would go for RL60.2 / 6000 they will sound terrific and outperform the panelspeakers by far. RL 60.2 and RL6000 are the same speaker.

I am not so sure about this. I have a BV3000 flat panel in configuration with BC9000 and those are very, very good sounding speakers. Only if the bass is an issue, you should  prefer the RL's. For me BV3000 hanging on the wall are much more beautiful than RL's which are also pretty place consumable. If you can get BV5000 flat panels it would be a perfect match!

But of course it is also matter of taste.

BR,

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

BO
Top 150 Contributor
Halmstad, Sweden
Posts 728
Bronze Member
BO replied on Fri, Mar 14 2014 12:06 PM

the_o_master:
Only if the bass is an issue, you should  prefer the RL's.

Exactly what I ment!

Regarding design and placement I fully agree with you that the BV3000/5000 is a better choice but not soundwise.

//Bo.
A long list...

Christian Thams
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 15
Bronze Member

If I would get a pair of BV flat panel I would probably go for the 5000, the biggest problem with these speakers are the availability and price (at least here in Sweden and looking around in Denmark). These speakers in general cost 5000SEK (ca 540€, 740$) being a student I can't afford these beautiful speakers. I have found a pair of RL 6000 that I'm going look at for a fifth of the price, just really hoping they're in good condition. 

When it comes to the amount of place I'm planning on putting them on a low cupboard so they're in "ear height" when sitting on my couch, which should be a good fit. Or I might hang them on the wall, we'll see when I get a hold of them. 

Thanks for the great answers! Really appreciated, and now let's hope that I don't make four reposts...

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS