Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

M type speakers Mexico

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member
Søren Mexico Posted: Sun, Mar 9 2014 1:55 AM

I have been very lazy the past year or so, I apologize for that, but today the drive was there, and I started with my M type speakers, bought a couple of month ago on the US bay, from Carson City Nevada.

These speakers has some history, because on the back side there is an glued on paper from a storage facility in Australia

Imagine that, made in DK, sold to Unley in Australia, where did they go from there, before ending up in Carson City. And now over McAllen TX down to Mexico city. This must be some of the most traveled B&O speakers still working.

They got some nicks and bumps nearly everywhere, two old warriors. They dont seam to have been opened before, no damages around the back panel screws

Inside I find the Rockwool untouched

The cap is a 12 MuF 25 V it measured 0.38 Ohms on my ESR, thats well within limits, but a new one (100V) has 0.17 Ohm, so I changed them

The drivers are original, I fastened the new cap with some tape, as they of course were smaller than the originals

I put everything back together, and here they are, playing through my BM 4400, very good sounding, I am happy

These two speakers has a lot of dents, bumps and other scars, I am going to leave them just like they are, just apply a little boiled linseed oil. They remind me of my beloved mother in law, she died some 10 years ago, 92 years old, she had 5 children 3 girls, 2 boys, fostered and educated them, nearly alone (husband, Macho Mexican), she, as these speakers made me smile, I just had to be near her, and I felt nice, just as I now are feeling nice listening to these speakers

Doña Gije

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS