Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 9000 glass panels

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 232
Founder
YannChris Posted: Tue, Feb 25 2014 9:00 PM

Hello,

I undertook the restoration of my Beocenter 9000.

Door belts are on the way, CD servo board is on it's way to Dillen.

Then comes the problem of glass panels, which fell but fortunately did not break.

I spent time cleaning the plastic holders. It took time with hot water, dishwashing liquid and a brush. All are ok now.

I do not feel comfortable with cleaning the glass panels (especially the lower one the with the touch controls).

I would appreciate any tips from any beoworlder used to this kind of work, abot the way to do and the products to use to remove the glue).

From my readings on the forum, I understand that the panels have to be glued to the holders before to be placed on the BC. Am I right?

Thanks by advance and kind regards,

Yann.

Living Room   BV Eclipse - BS Core - BL5 - BL8000 - LC2 x2 - Beo6 

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Bedroom    BV9 - BL6000 (Thks Botty) - Beotime - LC2 - Beo5

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

BO
Top 150 Contributor
Halmstad, Sweden
Posts 728
Bronze Member
BO replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 12:21 AM
Use white spirit (or similar), applied whith a tiny brush to disolve the remaing foam/tape. Wait a couple of minuts before removing the remains. Be careful not to use any sharp objects when removing the remains.

I use a high quality duble sided tape for reassembly.

//Bo.
A long list...

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 4:43 PM

You have to use some kind of double sided foam or rubbertape with a thickness of approximately 0,5 mm. If you use just ordinairy double sided tape, then the panels can get loose after a while. Otherwise the rubber touching things underneath the glass panel will push the panel upwards and even the fresh applied tape become loose.

For removing the old foam, I use just a sticker-remover from HG. Use a small paint brush to apply the remover only on the foam. I have made a kind of plastic spade and I can remove the foam with just one movement. These plastic spades are made by myself out of plastic markinglabels for plants.

This way I never have to repair any glass panel with black paint.

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 6:00 PM

I use window cleaning solution and lexan stripes to remove old glue. For reinstalling I use Sika 291 (yes boatsealantBig Smile), mainly because I have it neraly allways somewhere... But it is good for job.

blah-blah and photographs as needed

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Thu, Feb 27 2014 9:14 PM

Check this post Yann!

Brengen & Ophalen

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 232
Founder
YannChris replied on Fri, Feb 28 2014 11:38 AM

Brilliant!

Thanks to all of you for your kind help.

I'll give you a feedback on the result.

Kind regards,

Yann.

Living Room   BV Eclipse - BS Core - BL5 - BL8000 - LC2 x2 - Beo6 

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Bedroom    BV9 - BL6000 (Thks Botty) - Beotime - LC2 - Beo5

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Fri, Feb 28 2014 7:12 PM

When I reinstalled the glass panels on a Beocenter 9500 and a 9300, I had good results using plain, clear, silicone glue. It shouldn't deteriorate like double-sided tape and I was able to put it on so the height of the glass panels in the plastic frames was just right. 

-sonavor

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS