Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Antireflective coating on beovision

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Ronnie
Top 500 Contributor
Milton Keynes, UK
Posts 110
Bronze Member
Ronnie Posted: Mon, Apr 30 2012 6:37 PM

Hello there,

I have a beovision 3 tv its in good all round condition but the edges of the glass front (where the black border is) have been rubbed due to how it was transported by previous owner, therefore the anti reflective coating has rubbed off around the edges.

Is there a way to repair this, a spray/solution of some sort?

Your help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 543
Bronze Member
No.
synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Tue, May 1 2012 5:03 AM

I had a similar discussion with an authorized repairer here recently about how you could repair scratches on the screen of a beovision 8-32.

The answer was you cant - it would cost about $1K AUD  to replace the whole screen.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Tue, May 1 2012 5:10 AM

synth:

The answer was you cant - it would cost about $1K AUD  to replace the whole screen.

You can buy 4 BV3's 2nd hand for that amount of money here in Holland!Big Smile

Brengen & Ophalen

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Tue, May 1 2012 11:07 PM

I agree its not small money, unfortunately in Australia we pay way more than waht we should for decent gear.

We pay ( last time I looked ) an extra 50% luxury car tax for vehicles roughly over 57K AUD I think it is ( I could be wrong ), to "protect" a "local" car induistry thats made up of maufacturers from overseas.  Lunacy. Its called corporate welfare.

Companies here know that the few people in Australia who appreciate good gear, whether it be cars or hi fi, will pay for good gear. The downside is the resellers will gouge us, as its too expensive to hop on a plane and go shopping else where for this stuff as then HMG decides to get in on the act and penalise you again as you import, for having good taste.

Europe is good - lots of gear around and there is competition.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS