Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Avant to Beovox 3000 flat panel speakers

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

oddball
Not Ranked
Sunderland
Posts 11
Bronze Member
oddball Posted: Wed, Apr 25 2012 5:47 PM

Hi all just set up my Avant TV and needed to connect my Beovox speakers ,i acquired a beolink passive amp and lead (power link cable )but still with no joy is there any other cable or item ie( converter ) i need ,i've the Avant manual but no explanation i can find ,i know it'll be something simple iam missing ,your info will be much appreciated cheers Shaun   

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 6:20 PM

You will need a fully connected a.k.a Mk.2 Powerlink cable. No other type will do for the Passive.

(Cheers Graham Wink )

--mika

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

tournedos:

You will need a fully connected a.k.a Mk.2 Powerlink cable. No other type will do for the Passive.

(Cheers Graham Wink )

Cool

Regards Graham

oddball
Not Ranked
Sunderland
Posts 11
Bronze Member
oddball replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 9:03 PM

Hi Graham i  did order a power link cable mk2 from Steve at Sounds Heavenly but not to sure which place to connect it ,on reading the Avant manual do i need to confirm connection in the Avant menu ,thanks again for the advice cheers Shaun 

Nick
Top 150 Contributor
Nottingham
Posts 785
Bronze Member
Nick replied on Wed, Apr 25 2012 9:21 PM

is the blink passive turning green when the tv comes on?  You will need to tell the avant it has speakers connected to it i selected beolab 4000's on mine!  connect the powerlink cable to the front  speaker socket either left or right will do, cheers Nick

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Shaun,

The Powerlink mk.2 cable connects from one of the Powerlink sockets on the Avant to the Powerlink socket on the Passive (Powerlink mk.1 or mk.3 cables won't work, it must be the fully-wired mk.2 version).  You need to check that the Masterlink and Infra-red cables have been unplugged from the Passive, as the Passive will ignore the Powerlink input if a Masterlink connection is present.

Once the Powerlink sockets are enabled in the Avant menu (these can be set as any type of Beolab speakers), you should see the red light on the Passive turn green when the Avant is switched on.

Passives do seem to have quite a high failure rate as they get older, so if you don't get any response from it, then it may be worth getting this checked out to ensure that it is working.  If you need any further help, please ask!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS