Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Door sensors BC2500

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie Posted: Fri, May 4 2012 10:41 PM

I have, for my own project,  sprayed the black plastic left/right covers in another color.

Now the doors does not respond anymore. Are these covers transparent on a certain spot where the sensors are? If I drill a hole (in a neat way off course) on the area where the sensors are, would that be of any help?

Brengen & Ophalen

CJM1
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Bronze Member
CJM1 replied on Sat, May 5 2012 11:42 AM

The door Sensors i believe are on the black strip that tells you the sources that are playing 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:52 PM

Having looked at the circuit diagrams and dismantling instructions, the door sensors are on two seperate PCBs, number 6 and 11 which are indeed behind the plastic side covers - perhaps the sensors are visible when the panels are removed?  The display PCB just holds the IR receiver for remote use.  Not sure if a small drilled hole would work - perhaps try with a seperate piece of plastic first.

CJM1
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Bronze Member
CJM1 replied on Sat, May 5 2012 12:54 PM

Another thing as well are the side panels are actually see through. they are a very dark red colour. shine them up to a light and you can see through them

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, May 5 2012 7:08 PM

Thanks Guy and CJM1 for your feedback.

The covers are indeed transparent (dark red) and can be seen if you hold them in front of a lamp.

Now I have to remove the paint from the covers!

I made a picture with the 4 sensors (I think). But which one is for what?

Brengen & Ophalen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, May 5 2012 7:10 PM

By the way, I'm asking all these question regarding my Ipod "project" which comes instead of the cassette unit. Have to finish it! Smile

Check the Ipod connector on the picture between sensor 2 and 3

Brengen & Ophalen

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, May 5 2012 8:13 PM

From the circuit diagrams, each side has two IR transmitters and one IR receiver.  I'm guessing that the IR signal then reflects off your hands as they approach the unit.  Given that 'sensors' 2 and 3 on your photo are bigger than 1 and 4, I am guessing that 2 and 3 are the 'double' transmitters. and 1 and 4 the receivers.  The PCB diagrams in the circuit diagram are too fuzzt to be sure which is which!

Either way, I reckon all the sensors and transmitters need to be exposed.  Good luck with the project! 

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, May 5 2012 9:22 PM

Guy:

Either way, I reckon all the sensors and transmitters need to be exposed.  Good luck with the project! 

That's a fact! Hope to finish by tomorrow and that my Ipod will work on this machine! Cheers! 

Brengen & Ophalen

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS