Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Removing Penta Frets

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

merlarky
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
merlarky Posted: Sat, Aug 30 2014 9:54 AM

HELP!!!!!!

im trying my hardest to remove my pents's frets to clean them and cabinet underneath...all i have managed to do is get sore thumb and finger tips....when i got them a couple of weeks ago, i got them posistioned and gave them a good clean and buff up...in really good condition with just a couple of small dinks and plenty of finger prints...got these off with glass cleaner and buffed up with baby oil on cotton wool, done the bright light test and all mids look perfect...but still want frets off..there must be a technique or an adult that could show me if in northampton ???

Many thanks

Merlarky

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Aug 30 2014 10:15 AM

Put your fingers at the side (bit through the cloth) and pull with some force. They will come off.

Brengen & Ophalen

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Sat, Aug 30 2014 10:39 AM

I found mine almost impossible to move too.  I had to use a thin, blunt, wide bladed scraper (like a wallpaper scraper) down the side of the metal trim and gently levered the fret off whilst trying to push in the clip nearest the scraper.  I started in a top corner and it worked really well.  Once the first clip is out, the rest follow really easily.

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS