Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 8000 transporting questions.

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Drummerboy2
Not Ranked
San Diego, California
Posts 47
Bronze Member
Drummerboy2 Posted: Sun, Nov 16 2014 12:58 AM

Hello all,

this is my first post to this forum as I'm a new member. I have a few questions.

I just bought a Beogram 8000 and I'm help the guy that I bought it from to help send him some info on how to pack the table for shipping.

1. Remove the p[latter

2. locked the transport screws located under the platter under the platter.

3.Remove the cartridge and tape down the cover where the 45 adapter is located.

4. tape down the surround cover.

Now I can't find instructions on how to secure the tonearm carriage. Is there a way to lock this down? Or do I just tell him to put some soft foam under the tonearm and sensor arm and tape them both down?

Pleas let me know if there is anything else I need to instruct him to do. He is going to pack the table up really well and crate it for shipping. so I don't think it will be damaged.

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Sun, Nov 16 2014 2:40 AM

There isn't a lock down for the tonearm assembly. The main thing is to lock down the floating chassis, remove the cartridge and remove the platter.  The original packing has a foam insert that prevents the tonearm assembly from moving during shipment. The cartridge needs to be carefully packed once it is removed of course.

Drummerboy2
Not Ranked
San Diego, California
Posts 47
Bronze Member

Thank You for the info! ok, I will let him know about packing the cartridge carefully. This table comes with the MM20CL cartridge that is in good condition.

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Sun, Nov 16 2014 3:34 AM

That's one of B&O's best cartridges and the best one for that turntable.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS