Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 8000 just came in.

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Drummerboy2
Not Ranked
San Diego, California
Posts 47
Bronze Member
Drummerboy2 Posted: Wed, Nov 26 2014 7:00 PM

I just received my Beogram 8000. Wow, this thing looks almost brand spanking new! If it wasn't for the very minor scuff on the top of the dust cover I would have thought it was brand new!

The spindle where the sub platter looks brand new and tachodisc looks in brand new condition but I know it's original tachodisc cause it feel like a plastic material unless those later version are really thin? it also has a bronze type of color to it. anyone here now if that's IS the original tachodisc? also when I spun the spindle it just went on for a long time so hopefully that is a good sign to the bearing being fine. the pnly grip is that he did tape the spindle from moving around and hopefully that doesn't hurt anything. he did lock down the transport screws like I asked.

the wood sides tonearm cover and function button panel all look brand new. Platter looks brand new along with the subplatter. 

the best part is the needle the table came with was a MMC20L cartridge looks brand new! so I'm really happy about that! Stylus looks like it has never been used before.

From what I'm seeing either the person who owned this table use it very little ot some went wrong early after they bought and put it in to storage. Even the inside of the turntable is all nice and clean, no dust at all!

From what I have read in the achieve post this may only need the recapping and resoldering of the pcb's. The symptom it's having s that the unit only has power to the sensor arm and the display cause it's only showing in the far right side a Flashing reversed "C" in lower last segment. nothing else works. so it's time to get to work on it.

Anyone have any info to share on what to look for after these BG8000's have been transported?

Drummerboy2
Not Ranked
San Diego, California
Posts 47
Bronze Member

UPDATE: My cap kit along with the new stainless steel tachodisc came in today and was in my mail box. So now I can start the recapping and resoldering process.

So now I know that the tachodisc in the BG 8000 must be the original but it's in great condition. I will change it out anyways just to be safe.

Thank You Dillen for the your help with the cap kit and tachodisc!

I will post back what my results are after doing all this repair and rework. :)

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Thu, Nov 27 2014 6:51 AM

Good!

Some pictures or it did not happen ;-)

Jacques

Drummerboy2
Not Ranked
San Diego, California
Posts 47
Bronze Member

LOL, Yes, I hear ya! I will try to post some soon.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS