Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1600 speed issue

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Jibba
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Jibba Posted: Fri, Dec 26 2014 2:50 PM

HI folks--newbie here who just posted this to the Vintage products forum but thought I'd cross-post here since I didn't see that there is a specific forum for Beogram products:

With a desire to get back into vinyl, I just recently purchased a Beogram 1600 turntable from a local seller.  He said that it was in working order, and it appeared to be, but when I hooked it up this morning and put an album on the platter, it came out sounding like chipmunks.  I suspect that the speed needs to be adjusted and have tried to move the tiny fingerwheel above the square operating plate (apparently this is the "pitch control", but to no avail--it's too deep down beneath the square button that controls the stylus, and what ends up happening is that the stylus moves up and down on the record but at the same.  Seems like it's stuck at 45 rpm and I can't get it back to 33.  

Also, when I hit "Stop" the tonearm drags across the album and the deck before resting--not good!  I've got several copies of an album that I'm using to demo, but this is clearly a problem that I need to solve before operating this unit in earnest.

Many thanks for any advice or insights that you can offer.  

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS