Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

AV9000 monitor "dead"

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

maxb1968
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
maxb1968 Posted: Sat, Jan 10 2015 12:09 AM

Hi everybody, It's the first time I write in this forum.

I'm a long time owner and lover of B&O products.

For a chance I just bought a complete AV9000 system including BL6000 and Beosystem 9300.

The price was a bargain but all components have some issue... so I'm going to try to restore them.

The biggest problem is the AV9000 monitor: it doesn't power on: no stand-by LED, no image, no curtains motion, no humming, buzzing, sparkling or banging ... Nothing. This is really a pity, as it's almost mint.

Connecting the system to mains, after about 30 seconds the error 1 message is shown on the base display. I double checked the monitor to base connections, and they are all ok.

The seller told me it worked perfectly till he stored it in the basement: it was cold, dusty and humid.

Before I start dismantling the monitor searching for the cause (it could simply be a blown fuse), am I skipping something trivial (eg a concealed main power switch)?

The AV9000 monitor should turn on pressing the right button under the screen even when used alone or it has to be connected to the base to operate?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS