Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound century/2000, door sensor is not working.

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx Posted: Sun, Jan 4 2015 3:41 PM

Hi Guys...

I am trying to fix the automatic door on a Century, It works when pushing the door 1cm to the left, but nothing happens when using hands in front of it..

I have cleaned both transmitter diodes, and I can see them in my digi-cam, so they are working, they are not as bright as I remember on another Century I looked at some time ago, maybe they are tired ?

The gearbox white/black wheel and ir receiver sensor is also cleaned, still nothing, BUT... During testing, I accidently touched one of the legs on the PCB for the receiver diode with my finger. Then the door opened ? This can be re-created all the time..

What are the common problems with this door sensor ?

Thanks

/Weebyx

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 4 2015 10:58 PM

Got your email but unfortunately I'm not an expert solving the issue you have with your Century.

We do have experts on the Dutch section (Blackrix, Beobuddy and Ipaul) who can answer your question. But it has to be in Dutch though. :-) Maybe you could send one of these guys a PM?

Brengen & Ophalen

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,213
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Fri, Jan 9 2015 11:35 PM

Solved, it was one (maybe 3) bad caps on the ir receiver PCB, changed 3 now I was at it :)

All is working perfect again, I changed the ir sender and receiver diodes also, just to make sure it will work for many years ahead..

Thanks to BeoBuddy for tips on where to look ..

/weebyx

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS