Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Some good news

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels Posted: Thu, Apr 16 2015 6:29 PM

3rd quarter results look promising.  Sales up 19%, 37% in the UK apparently (although clearly not in Bath):

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/16/us-bang-olufsen-results-idUSKBN0N70J920150416

http://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2015/04/q3-sounds-good-for-bang-and-olufsen

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Apr 16 2015 8:23 PM

Certainly is good news!  I think the Avant has really helped..

Lee

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

http://www.recordere.dk/indhold/templates/design.aspx?articleid=12549&zoneid=5

140.000 headphones sold in last 3 month, that is one per minut!

50% of the buyers are under 34 years old

this number is 74% in China!

1.000.000 million B&O play units sold since launch

I have always believed that something was right with the sub brand.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Great news, now let's see a cracking and affordable tv to match those new headphones, and of course our own Beolit 15(in pinkWhistle)

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Fri, Apr 17 2015 6:09 PM

Chris Townsend:
Great news, now let's see a cracking and affordable tv to match those new headphones, and of course our own Beolit 15(in pinkWhistle)

Another dig at the V1 , Chris?

i don't understand your issue with it. If you want a particular thing you pay the price. We could have paid £40 for our WC when we specced our en-suite but we preferred the look of the No-Code Igloo and paid £500. The same went for the TV we chose for our living room. The same goes for taps . Our tap cost the same as our Beolit 15. 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Apr 17 2015 6:34 PM

Hey Simon, I don't think Chris was having a dig at the V1. We know that the V1 is obsolete now so we're all hoping that B&O will release an exciting TV in their PLAY portfolio. Chris has just bought a LG 4K 40" for £449. Now this TV is simply PERFECT in picture quality AND is also nicely designed in white. Surely its not asking a lot for B&O to take a panel like that, put in some nice sounding speakers, treble the price and make a lovely contemporary TV for £1500. Is that in 2015 asking too much? No, of course it isn't :)

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Apr 17 2015 6:37 PM

Hey Simon, my mountain bike cost the same as your damn tap ;') However, my bike has given me a fantastic physique, make me incredibly healthy and given me hours of adventure :)

Mind you, I have VOLA taps and shower as I like great design too :)

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Simonbeo:

i don't understand your issue with it. If you want a particular thing you pay the price. We could have paid £40 for our WC when we specced our en-suite but we preferred the look of the No-Code Igloo and paid £500. The same went for the TV we chose for our living room. The same goes for taps . Our tap cost the same as our Beolit 15.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8 , MX 5500 .

You are obsessed with the V1.

I said..........."affordable"

A great picture, mated to some effective speakers. NO WISA, no Beosystem 4. Affordable

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Fri, Apr 17 2015 7:07 PM

Paul W:

Hey Simon, my mountain bike cost the same as your damn tap ;') However, my bike has given me a fantastic physique, make me incredibly healthy and given me hours of adventure :)

Mind you, I have VOLA taps and shower as I like great design too :)

Hi Paul, we all have our priorities don't we! 

Ive heard the cr@p bike is better exercise theory,it's good. And likely to be where you parked it too.. My bikes cost a bit more but it's not cheating. If you can afford to get what you want rather than merely what you need it's nice. Especially when the extra money goes into something that's nicely done that you use all the time like your cutlery or the taps!

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Fri, Apr 17 2015 7:15 PM

Chris Townsend:
Simonbeo:

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8 , MX 5500 .

You are obsessed with the V1.

I said..........."affordable"

A great picture, mated to some effective speakers. NO WISA, no Beosystem 4. Affordable

Chris , you even managed a go at the V1 in your thread about the Bath store! 

"The V1 comes with Beosystem 4, WISA. I can't think of a single person I know that would ever utilise such equipment. What they want from a Beovision is a great looking set, brilliant picture and sound. At 3 times the price of a regular set, not 5-6 times"

Didn't get the relevance of that to the unfortunate customers owed money in this misfortune . Still , the Avant is going well from the sounds of it .pun intended. It could be the A2 as well?

Just saying

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Sat, Apr 18 2015 8:34 AM
If I had to start now the B&O route I started 20 years ago in the little flat I had, I think I'd go for a V1 40" with a pair of wireless lab 17.

So system4 and Wisa are welcome !
BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Sat, Apr 18 2015 8:54 AM
But I also see the point of a really affordable tv in the range. An entry level tv "only" 3 times more expensive than the competition.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Paul W:

....Now this TV is simply PERFECT in picture quality AND is also nicely designed in white. Surely its not asking a lot for B&O to take a panel like that, put in some nice sounding speakers, treble the price and make a lovely contemporary TV....

You mean a 'look-like-a B&O-tv' tv - huh Crying

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
BeoGreg:

But I also see the point of a really affordable tv in the range. An entry level tv "only" 3 times more expensive than the competition.

Praise the LordLets have a Party !!!Lets have a Party !!!Lets have a Party !!!Lets have a Party !!!Lets have a Party !!!Somebody gets it.

I am not knocking other small Beovisions, but I have recently had to buy another brand because B&O doesn't make a simple and "more" affordable tv. Like the MX series, but not the Beovision 1 that came with stands, DVD players etc(loved that tv) that aren't needed.

A Beoplay TV, use the sound technology from the Beolit 15 to keep costs down.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Chris Townsend:

Praise the Lord Somebody gets it.

I am not knocking other small Beovisions, but I have recently had to buy another brand because B&O doesn't make a simple and "more" affordable tv. Like the MX series, but not the Beovision 1 that came with stands, DVD players etc(loved that tv) that aren't needed.

A Beoplay TV, use the sound technology from the Beolit 15 to keep costs down. Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Beovision 8-32, Avant RF 28, Beolab 8000, Beolit 12, Beoplay A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H6, Form 2.

With the resurrection of the Avant name does this leave the door open for the BeoPlay MX2 (squared) ?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Aussie Michael:

With the resurrection of the Avant name does this leave the door open for the BeoPlay MX2 (squared) ?

Or a LS tv - with detachable A2's on either side Big Smile

MM

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael:

Exactly, a new one of these.

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=635

"Less is more" I think it says in the review.Yes - thumbs up

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Well CT the V1 already brings in the stand of that MX.

Let's make a better MX with the MX2. SurpriseBig SmileBig Smile
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
It's funny, I was watching Poltergeist the other night and both my wife and I noticed they had one of those kitchen TV/Radio sets folk had in the 80's. Why can't you buy one of those anymore?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Because people nowadays have tablet computers (iPads, you know).

And some even use a BeoPlay A2 as a soundbar for it Big Smile

P.S. I really should have my old friend Peter Pan make a pic of that combination!!!

MM

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
One of those, but without the ghosts...

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Sat, Apr 18 2015 10:58 AM

Chris Townsend:
Aussie Michael:

Exactly, a new one of these.

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=635

"Less is more" I think it says in the review.Yes - thumbs up

We had an MX 4200 which I've given to my brother. I love to see it when we visit . I think it cost us £1500 including motorised wall bracket!. No chintzy brushed alloy and real Lewis design. We have an MX 5500 lined up for retro gaming though.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Sat, Apr 18 2015 12:13 PM
What about a new "affordable" TV at around the £1500 mark. With the ability to add wisa or beosys4 as additional extra cost modules for those who want them.
BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Sat, Apr 18 2015 1:02 PM
Duels:

What about a new "affordable" TV at around the £1500 mark. With the ability to add wisa or beosys4 as additional extra cost modules for those who want them.

Agree Yes - thumbs up

Page 1 of 1 (24 items) | RSS