Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 400x Motor cleaning

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew Posted: Mon, Apr 27 2015 4:46 PM

Hi, thanks to Martin I am persevering with trying to get my 4004 running at the correct speed - I took the motor apart and the bushes seem fine, there were some marks so gently cleaned them, but I have no idea where to put the oil? or what else I should do and can't seem to find much on the internet. Has anyone any pictures of restoring a motor in one of these or another begrime of roughly the same age?

oddly enough when I put it all back together it played fine for nearly 2 whole sides of a record and then there was another slow down although nowhere near as bad, but still really irritating, it's so close to running perfect!

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Mon, Apr 27 2015 6:13 PM

You're giving me flashbacks to the issues I had with my BG4002.  In the end the motor was replaced.  Good luck.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Tue, Apr 28 2015 7:59 AM

Thanks, i would happily buy a new motor but i dont think they are available. I tried another 3v DC one from another beogram but than just span way too fast and couldnt be altered, so a lot more to this than meets the eye.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member

Thanks, i would happily buy a new motor but i dont think they are available. I tried another 3v DC one from another beogram but than just span way too fast and couldnt be altered, so a lot more to this than meets the eye.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Tue, Apr 28 2015 8:00 AM

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS