Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 3300 fault?

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

joetpayne
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
joetpayne Posted: Thu, Jun 4 2015 4:43 PM

Hey, this probably needs some explanation before I come to the actual problem, as could be quite a lot of things... (so apologies in advance)

I have had my Beomaster 3300 connected up to a pair of Wharfedale diamond 220's for the last few weeks and they're sounding great. I had noticed however that occasionally there is quite bad distortion on the left channel speaker (but only at certain frequencies and not always reliably - the 'sound' of instruments also has an effect - saxophone, electric guitar and tenor voice are particularly noticeable). I only really noticed the issue when using Spotify. Initially, I thought this was an issue with the Wharfedales, but they are newly purchased, so thought that was unlikely.

I then thought I might have connected the speaker wires badly and that something was shorting or interrupting the current, but checked the connections and everything was fine. I eventually worked out that the problem was the streaming quality on spotify (compression and maybe a bit of clipping) as a side by side comparison using the same track on a CD illustrated - so that was fine.

But, I have just noticed the distortion again, first, almost unnoticeably on a CD (although this might have been the recording) and then while listening to BBC radio 3. The problem is, having heard it once, I am now always listening to see if I can catch it distort again, so listening to my music has become unenjoyable and tedious - at least on this sound-system.

I don't think the issue is with the speakers, so, it must be something to do with the beomaster. The distortion always comes out of the left chanel and I can't believe that this isnt connected with the fact that when switching inputs from CD to Tape there is still some playback leaking from the CD (a CDX) when the input has been switched to tape.

Any Ideas?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS