Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

MLGW and Spotify on BeoSound 5

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

northswede
Not Ranked
Stockholm - Sweden
Posts 43
Bronze Member
northswede Posted: Wed, Jun 3 2015 8:21 PM

I didn't find any thread regarding MLGW controlling spotify on a BeoSound 5 system, so here I go :)

I have found an preowned MLGW available for an reasonable price and since I will continue to use my BeoSound 5 as main unit for the time being, I was wondering if anyone has some input about the MLGW/Sportfy capabilities.

What I have found out of the MLGW is that it can send commands through the ML network to control the separate parts and that there are some integraton between the N.MUSIC on the BS5, but not especially more.

Is the MLGW limited in just choosing spotify and "simple" commands like play, paus, next, previous an so on?

Sorry for my bad english, I'll hope you can make something out of my questions.

Best regards
Johan 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Jun 3 2015 9:45 PM

I found your ideas intriguing, so I went up to my BeoSound 5 and experimented with using the Beo4. Indeed, you CAN add a playlist, album, or station to one of the "favorites" slots. For example, the "blue" slot. Therefore, you could create macros to trigger "A.Mem" and then "Blue." If you have a Beo5 or Beo6, you could always build buttons for macros on the Beo5 or Beo6 to achieve the same thing without a MLGW. You could then label the virtual button on the Beo5 or Beo 6 appropriately.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS