Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4002 / BeoSound moment

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Edhahn
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Edhahn Posted: Sat, Jun 27 2015 6:25 AM

Hi, I recently bought a Beogram 4002. Now I want to directly connect it with my BeoSound Moment System. The System hubs include an Ethernet port, RCA line-in and two Power Link sockets for cabled connectivity. 

How can I connect both products and what cables and connectors do I Need?

thanks

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hi Edhahn and welcome to Beoworld,

since a BG4002 has no built-in RIAA pre-amp, you will need an external one.

There are lots of sources for these small devices.

You could try looking at Sounds Heavenly (see link below) - Steve has one with a DIN-connector for the output of the 4002.

N.B. If the 7-pin DIN plug of the BG4002 still has all pins, you will have to remove the two extra (datalink) pins - use a very small screwdriver for this

On the BS Moment you must use the RCA Line-in connections. You simply run a L/R RCA cable from the RIAA pre-amp to the BS Moment.

Notice: you can adjust the sensivety of the line-in port in the settings of the BS Moment.

The BG4002 fits well with the BS Moment, I think. Could we have a picture of those, when you have set things up?.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Edhahn
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Edhahn replied on Sat, Jun 27 2015 9:01 AM

Hi Millemissen,

thanks for the quick response. So the solution is a simple device like this 

http://soundsheavenly.com/beogram-record-players/12-pre-amp-kit-for-bo-beogram-and-all-turntables.html

which basically solves all the connection issues? Would be awesome if I don't need to do manual work on the BG4002.

will send a picture as son everything is set up.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Edhahn:

Hi Millemissen,

thanks for the quick response. So the solution is a simple device like this 

http://soundsheavenly.com/beogram-record-players/12-pre-amp-kit-for-bo-beogram-and-all-turntables.html

which basically solves all the connection issues? Would be awesome if I don't need to do manual work on the BG4002.

will send a picture as son everything is set up.

Exactly - this is it.

If you order at Steve, you could (if you don't already have some) also order the RCA cable in the required lenght - he makes decent cables.

P.S. You could send him a PM with the link to this thread - he is a member of Beoworld.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Edhahn
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Edhahn replied on Sat, Jun 27 2015 9:41 AM

Great - will get in touch with him.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS