Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Magazine number 4.

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg Posted: Fri, Jul 3 2015 1:38 PM

Arrived by mail yesterday.

Under "products" section no more Beolab 3, Beo4, V1 and Beosound 5.
Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 2:58 PM

there is something so satisfying about parkway flooring .....Smile

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 3:12 PM
Mark:

there is something so satisfying about parkway flooring .....

Yes indeed. But my huge (and getting heavy) kids jumping all the time everywhere are destroying this 30 years+ floor !
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 3:18 PM

BeoGreg:
Mark:

there is something so satisfying about parkway flooring .....

Yes indeed. But my huge (and getting heavy) kids jumping all the time everywhere are destroying this 30 years+ floor !

I have it in my living room just about that color, and a darker stain in the library. Seems to be pretty durable, though I did have to have the living room refinished before moving in.

Bummer about the BL3 and such. More products disappearing, one can only hope that sales numbers justifies it rather than a need to be new and different just for new and different's sake.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 3:19 PM

I thought it was "Parquet Flooring" ? Shows how much I know...  Unsure

Haven't seen the magazine yet.  I'd hardly have Peter and Svend down as rebels..  Well, certainly not Peter anyway! He looks like rebellion would involve not ironing his socks!! LOL

Two visionaries though, with a wonderful ethos and great focus.

Lee

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 3:28 PM

There's a PDF on the website Lee!  Looks like the A8 has gone too :( One of the last from David Lewis :(

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 3:43 PM

9 LEE:

Haven't seen the magazine yet.  I'd hardly have Peter and Svend down as rebels..  Well, certainly not Peter anyway! He looks like rebellion would involve not ironing his socks!! LOL

Lee

Lee you are right ..... I have auto spell checker Sad

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 3:56 PM

9 LEE:

Lee

Now that's funny right there! Big Smile

It's sad the designs of Jensen and Lewis are disappearing. I'm afraid, to my eyes anyway, the styling of the new stuff just isn't up to the standards set by those two greats. Performance of the speakers seems to be improved with each new model, but styling has suffered significantly to me. And it's not like the performance of the old speakers was anywhere near poor.

Jeff

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 4:33 PM
The missing products are still on B&O's web site. So it seems they are still available but no more "advertised".
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 4:54 PM

The website always seems to lag in that regard.

Jeff

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Fri, Jul 3 2015 5:16 PM

Jeff:
It's sad the designs of Jensen and Lewis are disappearing. I'm afraid, to my eyes anyway, the styling of the new stuff just isn't up to the standards set by those two greats. Performance of the speakers seems to be improved with each new model, but styling has suffered significantly to me. And it's not like the performance of the old speakers was anywhere near poor.

There was a sublime consistency in design language in the previous designs. Even though the were all different, one could somehow tell that it was a Lewis design, or a Jensen design. Of course, now, B&O have different designers for crops of products - so albeit striking, that consistent design language is missing.

I agree with Jeff, the new designs don't strike a chord with me like previous ones. There's just something about them which doesn't "feel" right. 

The Beolab 20 is my go-to example. There's just something about the neckline and "toe" to the speaker cover which doesn't speak to me. But by all accounts, the sound is spectacular. I've heard them twice now and color me impressed. I could tolerate their "off-kilter" (to my eyes) appearance because my eyes would be closed as I bathe in their sonic prowess. Stick out tongue

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member

Mark:

9 LEE:

Lee

Lee you are right ..... I have auto spell checker Sad

spell chequer?

the magazine is available on the Beomag App but I may have to get a physical copy as it's still much nicer.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Simonbeo:

the magazine is available on the Beomag App but I may have to get a physical copy as it's still much nicer.

I was disappointed in the quality of paper used for the hard copy I picked up this week.

Shiny finish and it felt thin and flimsy ...

BeoNut since '75

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Thanks for the note about the magazine - i downloaded it today. When i was in the Store on Thurs they didnt even say there's a new magazine out.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Aussie Michael:

Thanks for the note about the magazine - i downloaded it today. When i was in the Store on Thurs they didnt even say there's a new magazine out.

They did not tell me either ... however as they were busy I wandered over to ogle the Avant 85" and spotted two piles of the magazine: one an English print run, the other Chinese ...

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS