Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 8002. Tonearm won't lift

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Larry
Not Ranked
San Jose CA
Posts 33
Silver Member
Larry Posted: Wed, Aug 5 2015 9:50 PM

I just acquired a beautiful 8002 and have an intermittent issue where the tone arm fails to lift when pressing stop,  pause, or at the end of the record. When you press the forward key it will drag the stylus along with the control arm.   I can get it to work properly on occasion but it's inconsistent.

The servo belt is fine so that's not the issue.   Is this a cap and/or component issue?  Anything else I can try before it goes off to the shop?

Thank you in advance! 

Larry

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Sat, Aug 8 2015 6:09 PM

If the Beogram is still running on the original parts then it is time for it to have a full check up and service. All sorts of weird, unexpected behaviors can occur when the aged electronics are on the blink. Those turntables will require replacement of the electrolytic capacitors, adjustment of the light sensors in the control panel, re-soldering of board connectors and a re-check of the service manual adjustments. Occasionally there will be other electronic parts that could be defective and need replacing but the electrolytic capacitors and board connectors are common points of failure. On every one of these Beogram 8002 turntables, once I did all of that, they start working perfectly again.

sonavor

pfcs49
Not Ranked
Posts 50
Bronze Member
pfcs49 replied on Tue, Aug 11 2015 11:18 PM

me too, but I never saw one with that problem.

Larry
Not Ranked
San Jose CA
Posts 33
Silver Member
Larry replied on Sun, Aug 16 2015 10:56 PM

Thank you for your reply. It turned out to be some bad solder connections on the controller board.

All adjusted and working perfectly. Caps & components  are all fine.

Regards,

larry

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS