Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1600 Repair

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

BigC
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
BigC Posted: Tue, Sep 15 2015 6:09 PM

I have an (almost) mint condition Beogram 1600 turntable that needs a bit of work. It was a gift from my uncle years ago that has worked beautifully until it was manhandled by a moving company and now is giving me some issues. While the tonearm still positions itself over the record, it immediately returns and stops spinning. 

I have partially dismantled the TT as can be seen in the photo. It appears that there may be a broken catch underneath the large gear in the center, however as I can find no technical manuals online for this model I am wary about disassembling further. I am hoping someone on here can point me towards a technical manual, repair shop, or give me some advice about how to restore my TT to working order. I know parts are at a premium for these models, however I do have a friend with a 3D printer so I should be able to manufacture anything I may need. Thank you in advance for your help!

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 7:00 PM

Welcome to Beoworld !

Most parts can be found but could you please upload your photo to our server - or at least to a service, that
doesn't require membership?

Martin

BigC
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
BigC replied on Tue, Sep 15 2015 7:01 PM

Ah! My bad! First post, new here, one moment I'll take care of it.

BigC
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

UPDATE: I've been poring over a technical manual I've found for the Beogram 1700. I believe the issue in question lies with pieces 1535-1540, or the equivalent on my 1600. If anyone can shed some further light on this, or at least give me an indication that I'm going in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Attached is a screenshot of the relevant page.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS