Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

The Beolab 5000 of 1967

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

classic
Top 500 Contributor
Venø, Denmark
Posts 139
Founder
classic Posted: Wed, Nov 11 2015 6:36 PM

I have spend some time on a redesign of my Beolab 5000 site.

Some new information have been added and I have made an all new design of the site.

I am still making changes to the site.

BUT............................

I would like to know if there are information which you are missing when you visit my site or other site of course.

I do have a lot of information regarding this wonderfull classic product series (Beolab 5000).

I am looking forward to know a little more of what visiters like to see.

You can find the site here: http://beolab.dk

/Frede

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 7:32 PM

Hi Frede and how are you?

One thing that would be nice is to see some of your restored units in the homes of the people who own them once they are returned.  With their permission of course.

I have in he pst found navigating your old site quite difficult as some didn't seem to be available in English.  I'll check out the new version and report back.

It would be nice to be able to find all of the spare part or replacement part options you offer as I think some may have been missing before.

Dave.

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Wed, Nov 11 2015 8:05 PM

Hi Frede,

Really love your website, found it to be invaluable for information in the past. I particularly enjoyed the old brochures and catalogues you had available on the Beolab 5000 series so any more of those you have in your collection would be great!

Nice idea from Dave about the restored units as well.

I remember a few years ago you began collecting information on cataloging various Beolab 5000 and Beomaster 5000 units around the world. Are you still collecting that information?

Ben

classic
Top 500 Contributor
Venø, Denmark
Posts 139
Founder
classic replied on Thu, Nov 12 2015 6:56 AM

Dave Farr:

Hi Frede and how are you?

One thing that would be nice is to see some of your restored units in the homes of the people who own them once they are returned.  With their permission of course.

I have in he pst found navigating your old site quite difficult as some didn't seem to be available in English.  I'll check out the new version and report back.

It would be nice to be able to find all of the spare part or replacement part options you offer as I think some may have been missing before.

Dave.

Your idea is really great  Dave and I have received many photos over time. I really love to see the future homes of the beautiful Beolab 5000 products.

However I have never used the information “in public” and this is in a way a limit for me. I will think about your idea – thank you.

Your point regarding the spare parts – this idea is good and I will extend the site with this information.

/Frede

classic
Top 500 Contributor
Venø, Denmark
Posts 139
Founder
classic replied on Thu, Nov 12 2015 7:05 AM

Ben_S:

Hi Frede,

Really love your website, found it to be invaluable for information in the past. I particularly enjoyed the old brochures and catalogues you had available on the Beolab 5000 series so any more of those you have in your collection would be great!

Nice idea from Dave about the restored units as well.

I remember a few years ago you began collecting information on cataloging various Beolab 5000 and Beomaster 5000 units around the world. Are you still collecting that information?

Ben

Hi Ben

The part with old brochures and catalogues has been extended a little in the new site. You can find the information under the MANUALS section. I and will find more over time.

I am still collecting these information of the various Beolab 5000 – Beomaster 5000 and also these information can be found at the site – please see the TECHNICAL INFO section.

Thank you very much for your feed back.

/Frede

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Thu, Nov 12 2015 7:19 AM
Hi Frede,

You could only do it with owners permission of course but you could make clear that if anyone did send you a picture of their pride and joys, that would intimate permission to use it on your site. It would however be better to have the confirmed approval. You can use mine if you wish to. It would also help people decide on which wood finish they may want - having seen some in real life settings.

It may also get you some more clients!

I still have visitors thinking it's a modern, retro type system and are amazed when I tell them how old it is and when they listen to it.

Dave.
classic
Top 500 Contributor
Venø, Denmark
Posts 139
Founder
classic replied on Thu, Nov 12 2015 7:42 AM

Dave Farr:
Hi Frede,

You could only do it with owners permission of course but you could make clear that if anyone did send you a picture of their pride and joys, that would intimate permission to use it on your site. It would however be better to have the confirmed approval. You can use mine if you wish to. It would also help people decide on which wood finish they may want - having seen some in real life settings.

It may also get you some more clients!

I still have visitors thinking it's a modern, retro type system and are amazed when I tell them how old it is and when they listen to it.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I really understand your points but I have another personal problem by using things like these photos and also testimonials from customers.

I think it could be difficult for me to explain in English but I don’t like to overdo the “show off” effect.

That is the reason you don’t find these kind of info on my site.

/Frede

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Thu, Nov 12 2015 8:25 AM

Frede, I think you are being too modest.

Nobody would consider it 'showing off'.  Even if you were, I don't think anyone would have any complaints as your work is exceptional.  You would not be showing off your skills in order to feel good about yourself, it would be to show off an iconic system in real peoples homes which they are immensely proud of.  It's not about bragging rites.

Testimonials are also a fantastic advert for potential clients as they can read them and be assured that you are the right person to restore their systems. I'd rather read feedback and make an informed choice than use a completely unknown vendor, supplier, repairshop etc.

Have a serious think about it.  If you are really uncomfortable with it then by all means, don't do it but I think that would be a loss to everybody. 

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS