Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Playmaker activates speakers whilst in standby mode

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

PJ810
Not Ranked
Sydney - Australia
Posts 10
Bronze Member
PJ810 Posted: Fri, Dec 18 2015 12:14 PM
My Playmaker has changed its behaviour and now as soon as the Playmaker is ready after switching it on, or more precisely, 2 seconds before the white light stops flashing, my Beolab 8000 speakers switch on (green light) and slight static can be heard. This now also results in the line-in function not working. From my iPhone I can select and deselect Airplay and play music.

What could be the problem and how should I go about fixing it?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,

Patrick

Patrick

Architect

A8, Beosound 3, Playmaker, Beolab 8000 Mk2

PJ810
Not Ranked
Sydney - Australia
Posts 10
Bronze Member
PJ810 replied on Sat, Dec 19 2015 5:23 AM

Upon further diagnosis, the problem appears to be my line-in cable into the Playmaker. If I unplug this (at the Playmaker end), then all works fine. However, when plugged in there seems to be some kind of feed into the Playmaker which in turn triggers the Beolabs. I didn't have this problem before. I typically have the line-in connected to my computer.

Any ideas how I should go about resolving this issue?

Patrick

Architect

A8, Beosound 3, Playmaker, Beolab 8000 Mk2

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Dec 19 2015 9:47 AM

Maybe you can use an audio ground loop isolator:

http://www.musiker-geschenke-shop.de/online-kaufen/monacor-carpower-fga-40-fga40-line-massefilter-brummfilter-entstoerfilter-neuovp/

This cuts the grounding signal out between computer and playmaker and should prevent the current behaviour.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS