Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Canadian / Toronto Bang & Olufsen lovers - Beogram 5000!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

murcieme
Top 500 Contributor
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts 93
Bronze Member
murcieme Posted: Sat, Jan 30 2016 10:40 PM

Good afternoon all.  It's been a very long time since I've posted, I'm sorry to say.

I'm writing as I'm actually going to sell my beautiful Beogram 5000 turntable.

It's in good working order, but could probably use a tune-up (It was last lovingly serviced by B&O Toronto in2010).  With it, I'm including THREE cartridge / needles (SMMC4 / MMC4 / MMC4), the RCA adapter if needed, and a professional A/V carrying case.  $450 CAD.

As many of you know, the 5000 was among the latest and greatest of their radial tracking turntables.

The problem is that I would prefer to sell it locally, in Toronto or the GTA, Ontario, Canada, as I have my doubts I'd be able to safely package it for shipping as the original box and packing are long gone.  Shipping it in the heavy case would be exorbitant, and not a great value for the buyer.

The three cartridges / needles all have their own issues.  The SMMC4, which is currently fitted, has high hours and is being picky with newer 180g records.  One of the MMC4's has failed suspension, and the second one plays with distortion, and I'm not sure what's wrong with it.  Axel may be able to fix or repair all three (if he's still doing that), or a new SMMC# can be purchased from SoundSmith.

If there are any fellow Torontonian Beophiles out there that may be interested, please let me know, and I can provide further details. 

Thank you all.

Mike S

Michael J. Steeves
since 1977

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS