Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

How to connect RGB and RS232 to an avant DVD RF

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Greg Ferres
Not Ranked
South Australia
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Greg Ferres Posted: Fri, Jul 8 2016 4:22 PM

Hello Beoworld.

I have a friend who owns an Avant DVD RF 32" and did have a Strong STB SRT5441 connected via the scart on the box. The quality was very good as it used the RGB in the Scart lead.

The new Strong has the same codes, but doesn't have the RGB scart. If I use the scart on the Avant  I can not gain access to the RGB, so I connected the new box to the S-video camera socket and that improved the picture, but still not as good as the old one. So I am very keen to find out how to wire up to the RGB on the Avant so I can improve the picture quality.

Also, In the old STB they have send a voltage to the scart so the format is connected and that the Avant knows when the box is on or off.

The new box has a RS232 socket and I believe some voltages can be taken from this socket to send to the avant. Operation was made via the IR and with a new STB I have to connect via a poor quality s-video with nn voltage going to the TV so the TV knows if its on or off.

Its a tricky one. I have all the components, all I require is a pin configuration for the RGB and trigger voltages and any thing else I need to make it work.

Thank you all in advance for your help. I have been pulling my hair out over this one.

Regards from Australia

Greg

Ex B&o 1972 to 2010.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS