Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BBC iplayer on beovision 11

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Garethowen
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Garethowen Posted: Sun, Sep 4 2016 2:29 PM

Hi - 

I have the latest beovision 11.

The BBC iPlayer always used to work well and then about 6 months ago the buttons on the remote (pause, forward, etc) stopped working with it.  I could live with this as I could still use he arrow keys to select the options on screen.  However, a few weeks ago one of these stopped working and now fast forward/rewind with the on-screen scrubber don't work (I goes through the motion of forwarding but when stopped it just continues to play from where it was).

I emailed B&O via the website and got the usual useless response from them, a. Telling me they weren't in the UK so could 't see the iplayer and b) telling me to contact a dealer (so frustrating as when I did, as usual, the dealer was confused and said they'd need to contact B&O).

Anyway does anyone here have any better advice to get this working again?  Or am I just going toe the accept that my 1 year old TV is gradually deteriorating because B&O really canmt be bothered to do software properly (don't get me starTed on the beo music app on my phone :)

Thanks!

Gareth.

mcm
Not Ranked
London, UK
Posts 34
Bronze Member
mcm replied on Sun, Sep 4 2016 2:52 PM

B&O is excellent at several things like design, picture and sound, however, Smart-TV software is not one of them (The recent removal of Netflix from the new BV14 comes to mind). Better use a third party box for this kind of functionality.

E,g. I use an Apple TV 4 for iPlayer - the iPlayer app there works much better than the built-in B&O one ever did. The Smart-TV platform on the BV11 was useless and buggy from day one (I bought my BV11 in 2013). 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS