Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 9 treble problem

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Whizzy
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Whizzy Posted: Tue, Sep 6 2016 9:23 PM

I have a pair of previously owned Beolab 9s. I have tried them with several set-ups and in all cases the treble is far to prominent.  Its not just slightly but out of balance. 

Am i right in thinking that the three small potentiometers on the imput panel are linked to the three divers. If so i strongly susspect that the previous owner.may have re-adjusted the settings. 

Is there any way of determining the original settings?

THANKS

Dave

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Sep 6 2016 11:18 PM

Whizzy:

I have a pair of previously owned Beolab 9s. I have tried them with several set-ups and in all cases the treble is far to prominent.  Its not just slightly but out of balance. 

Am i right in thinking that the three small potentiometers on the imput panel are linked to the three divers. If so i strongly susspect that the previous owner.may have re-adjusted the settings. 

Is there any way of determining the original settings?

THANKS

Dave

Ugh! Perhaps B&O tech support can track down the settings via the serial number. Each of those dials is set at the factory based on the drivers. You're right, no end user should be touching those dials.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS