Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Question about buying an used BV7-55 MK I

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

matbkk
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Bronze Member
matbkk Posted: Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:19 AM

Hi,

I just got a proposal from a friend for a BV7-55 MK I (Type 9495) with a BL 7-4 speaker. And I have few questions, I would appreciate if you can help me.

I have found the user manual online but it is pretty brief without much information. Is there more descriptive manual ?

1) What are the differences appart from the 3D capabilities between the MK1 and the MK2 ? Is the type 9495 very outdated ?

2) The TV comes with a 7-4 Speaker, I really much prefer the 7-6 in term of design. But when it comes to technical issues I have no idea. Which speaker would you recommend ?

3) I understand that the PUC is the old system compared to Beoplay 1. Does It mean that upadates of IR code has to be done manualy by B&O service providers ? I assume that this TV can control an AppleTV 3 ?

4) I can't find the descriptive placement options with dimensions online. If anyone can share a link or a file.

Thanks by advance,

Matthieu

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:09 PM

I have the MK I, and I am very satisfied with everything on the TV. I bought it 2009.

1) There are more local dimable zones on MK II, that can be visible in dark scenes where small lightning can make the zone visible. Or if you look from the side. But generally we do not notice the individual zones. The blueray drive on MK II is also capable of decoding HD sound, the drive is faster and less noisy. But it does not fit perfectly though. These are the main ones, including the 3D.

2) We have a 7-4 and it works perfect, and we prefer the design of the bar compared to 7-4. Also, we have the low stand which the 7-4 cannot give you.

3) Yes, B&O must do that. Unfortunately, but we have only changed externally equipment once, so no problem for us. We are the kind of people: If it works, don't break it, at least, that is what my wife says.

matbkk
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Bronze Member
matbkk replied on Fri, Aug 26 2016 3:49 AM

Thanks for your reply ! 

beolion:

1) There are more local dimable zones on MK II, that can be visible in dark scenes where small lightning can make the zone visible. Or if you look from the side. But generally we do not notice the individual zones. The blueray drive on MK II is also capable of decoding HD sound, the drive is faster and less noisy. But it does not fit perfectly though. These are the main ones, including the 3D.

That's all I wanted to know, as I do not use the Blueray anyway. And I believe that my eyes won't notice any differences in the picture. I might go for it.

beolion:

2) We have a 7-4 and it works perfect, and we prefer the design of the bar compared to 7-4. Also, we have the low stand which the 7-4 cannot give you.

Do you mean that you have a 7-6 ? In a surround system is it a big plus to have a center mono speaker ? Appart from the design itself the BL 7-4 put the TV 30 cm higher compaired to BL 7-6. And this is not ok with my viewing angle.

We found this trick yesterday with the guy who want to sell me the TV :  we will install the TV on Wall bracket with the BL 7-4 horizontaly, it won't be the best look at first but it will give me time to find a BL 7-6 and just switch the speakers later.

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Fri, Aug 26 2016 1:58 PM
Sorry. We have BL 7-2, this speaker is not wider than the screen, 7-6 is very wide.

We have surround with BL9 as front and BL4000 as rear. BL 7-4 would have been better sound wise, but for us not design wise.

Difficult to imagine horizontal 7-4 Wink
matbkk
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Bronze Member
matbkk replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 3:11 AM

beolion:
Sorry. We have BL 7-2, this speaker is not wider than the screen, 7-6 is very wide.

I would love to see a picture if you have any ?

beolion:

Difficult to imagine horizontal 7-4 Wink

I know but as we need to drill the wall and repaint it and as I do not have the 7.2 or 7.6 for the moment I believe that an horizontal 7.4 would make the deal while I find the perfect 7.2/7.6

Am I wrong ?

matbkk
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Bronze Member

I have added the full technical specifications including placement option and dimensions given by my B&O distributor.

matbkk
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Bronze Member
matbkk replied on Wed, Aug 31 2016 4:38 AM

I will take my decision today as I have just got the information from the service counters which are :

BOOT COUNTER     104

ON                            730

SCREEN (DAYS)     194

BASIC (DAYS)          836

AV (DAYS)                 448 

I do not know what BASIC or AV means ?

The screen day number is the total ? (including BASIC and AV?) 

Just in case this can help you understanding the datas : the TV was used in an hotel room

matbkk
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Bronze Member
matbkk replied on Thu, Sep 8 2016 5:46 AM

The job is done 

Before : 

After : 

Mat

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Wow

Quite a transformation

Looks great

Congratulations

BeoNut since '75

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Congrats - but you will have to solve the centerspeaker issue!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

matbkk
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Bronze Member
matbkk replied on Tue, Sep 13 2016 5:36 AM

Thanks guy. 

Yes centerspeaker is the main issue. If anyone has a 7-4 or 7-6 to offer please PM  me. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS