Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BC1200

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
Posts 236
Bronze Member
Aad Jansse Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2018 8:35 AM

Erroneously I posted some time ago about a problem with my BC1200 ( belts)  that I was happy enough to be able to fix with new belts from Dillen. The error consisted of linking this problem to my 1200, whereas it actually was my BC1600.

Now I have a problem with my BC1200, actually; 

When I rewind a full reel  from left to right, it starts spinning as it is supposed to  do, but gradually it slows down to eventually a full stop once the right reel is filling up to more than 50%. Playback no problem.

Is this  also a belt problem?

Aad

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Mar 29 2018 9:27 AM

Sounds more like a clutch or brake problem.
Is the torque lost in slipping clutch wheels?
Or does the motor actually grind to a halt? 

Martin

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
Posts 236
Bronze Member

These days I am off the machine, i will check things out after the weekend

regards,

Aad

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
Posts 363
Bronze Member

Hi, I had the same issue, turned out to be brake adjustment, at the front of the machine, it's working fine now 

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
Posts 236
Bronze Member

Although it is a long time ago that I got your comment on my problem ( I had to spend my time on many other projects, not only B&O ) I still appreciate your lead to a possible solution of the FF problem of my BC1200.

I recently turned my attention again to this item, so I have to ask for some more detailed advice as to what you did when  you did the brake adjustment:

it is not quite clear to me.

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
Posts 236
Bronze Member

After my Chritmas vacation I will also check Dillen's clutch suggestion

thanks

Aad Jansse
Top 500 Contributor
Rotterdam (Neth)
Posts 236
Bronze Member
Aad Jansse replied on Tue, Jan 29 2019 11:56 AM

Finally, after checking several possibilities I noticed that the belt that runs through the plastic cup was weak ; awaiting a new belt to be supplied by Martin I took off the old one , cut out about 1 cm and glued the 2 ends together (ethylcyanoacrylaat by  Pattex). (I also filled some cracks in the belt with this glue to avoid breaking later on.)

After eliminating some rattling sounds ( one from having replaced wrong washers behind the clutch and the other from the tape counter) my old baby runs like on his day of birth.

Aadi

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS