Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BL 3500: how to connect to BV avant Last generation

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

ylooverie
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
ylooverie Posted: Mon, Sep 12 2016 3:45 PM

Hi dear B&O lovers,

I just joined the group but I am a B&O user since 15 years.

I used to have a full system with Beovision CRT Avant , 1 pair of BL8000, 1 sudwoofer Beolab 1, 2 pair of BL6000, Beosound 3000, 2 BL 3500, all connected together with beolink connexions and providing a fantastic musical experience.

I moved to another house and replaced the CRT television by the New Avant 55" wired to the BL8000 and Beolab1 and wireless connected to the BL6000 through wifi receivers. It works great ! After that first step i decided to add a Beoplay A6 to the system and it increases the pleasure of listening.

My point is: I would like to re-use the 2 Beosound 3500 sound bars in other rooms. Is this feasible with wifi ?

Thanks ahead for your help.

Yves

Emm
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Emm replied on Mon, Sep 12 2016 5:33 PM

Welcome! I'm in the process of doing exactly that and I still have to get it working so take it with a grain of salt :-)

My solution is a BL/ML Converter with a Power Box connected to the BL3500 via master link and the BeoLink connected to a Powerline.  At the other end, another Powerline is connected to the network switch.  Not exactly wireless but there are no long master link cables running up and down the house.

Emm
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Emm replied on Wed, Sep 14 2016 4:38 PM

Not sure if it's of any help to you but I managed to get my Beolab 3500 connecting to the rest of the equipment without the need to run a MasterLink cable across the house.  The setup requires a BLC, PowerBox and two Powerlines (B&O recommends Devolo and I can see why). Not wireless but no cables across rooms and a lot more reliable.

The setup is as follows:

Beolab 3500 connects to the BLC using a short MasterLink cable.  The PowerBox connects to the USB port and the RJ45 MasterLink socket (this is to provide power to the 3500 MasterLink connection).  The BLC connects to a Powerline on a wall socket.  The second Powerline goes in the router room and is connected to the network switch/router.

On the BLC setup, under System-->Date&Time you will need to select "Push Time to MasterLink products" to show the time on the 3500 and in the Configuration page you have to map your sources. I currently have the sources mapped to the BeoPlay A6 as I'm still struggling to get the BS3000 recognised by the BLGW but the current setup works great through the remote and the BeoMusic app - I have mapped N.Music to Deezer, Radio to TuneIn and CD to Music - and you can play the music to both units at the same time.  The only thing I haven't managed to do is control the volume of the 3500 through the app but I don't think that's possible.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS