Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound moment

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

dueno
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member
dueno Posted: Thu, Sep 15 2016 9:59 PM

Any news about software update for beosound moment?

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Sep 15 2016 10:23 PM
In one of the thread in French I read October for a major release and my Swiss reseller told me before the summer that a big release was expected this year, some correlation here

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Thu, Sep 15 2016 11:14 PM

Got a mail from Beocare one week ago today. Among the issues I reported were the following:

1. I still have the problem with the track order getting mixed up on the Moment. (...)

2. This one is a known issue, I know: The wrongly cropped album pictures on the Moment. I just wanted to ask you if there was anything new about this issue. Last time I asked I got the impression that you weren’t sure you were going to fix this at all. I hope you will. It might not have anything to do for the functionality of the product, but it is detrimental to the design and visual impression.

3. This one is new: I have approx. 45 Deezer playlists, and I’m having a problem scrolling through them on the Moment. When I switch to the album/playlist view on my Moment, and press ”Playlists”, it displays the first three. So far so good. Then I start swiping from right to left. The list suddenly stops after 15-20 playlists, and acts as if that’s all there is. No matter how much I swipe from right to left, the rest of my playlists don’t appear. Some time this just lasts for a few seconds, and then suddenly I can swipe further. Other times this lasts longer, and I am unable to get to my playlists at all. This is very tiresome, because some times I am not able to put on the playlist I want at all. Have you heard about this issue before?
I also asked a somewhat direct question concerning whether further development on the Moment had been abandoned, given the long time since it received any upgrades.
This is a cropped down version of the reply I got:
Most of these issues are being looked into, only the one regarding album covers is not expected to be solved. So the Product Team is still developing on the BeoSound Moment, but, unfortunately, I cannot say anything about expected solution deadlines.
(...)

As for the Deezer playlists taking time to load, this is also being looked into. We do suggest using the BeoMusic app until a solution is found and do apologise for the inconvenience.

I will make sure to let you know when I receive updates on these issues, but I would also recommend that you keep in close contact with your retailer as he is meant to be your first point of contact and can be the eyes and ears for the technical supporters.
So... There's that. For some reason I'm particularly disappointed in that the cropped album pictures won't get fixed. This is so close to unacceptable that I seriously consider demanding a refund over this issue alone. So what if it doesn't affect functionality. It is part of the visual appearance of this "luxury product", and the way it is now it looks laughable and amateurish, comparable to if the wood panel didn't really fit into the aluminum frame and it showed. Not something you want to have lying on your coffee table. B&O shoudn't allow themselves to give up on this. I'm no programmer, but I find it hard to believe that resizing the album art should take any particular effort at all to fix.
My problem with the Moment is that I really don't know what other product I would have wanted to replace it with, and so I have a love/hate relationship with mine. I love the idea of what the Moment was supposed to be (which is 90% of what it is), but I can't deny the glaring shortcomings of it either...
-h.
Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Thu, Sep 15 2016 11:22 PM

...or the other way around... That it is 90% of what it was supposed to be... Stick out tongue Getting late. Oh well.

Good night! Buonanotte! A dopo!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS